First Disneyland and DCA Visit in Over a Decade!

lolamae04

My family and I are headed out to Anaheim in November to visit Disneyland! The last time I was there was when I was 9 years old! As you can probably imagine, a lot has changed since then. We have been to WDW about once a year, so we are familiar with Genie+ and Galaxy's Edge. What are some things I should know? 

Also, this will be our first time using the Disney Yellow Pass and I am confused about blockout dates, and I cannot find any information about them anywhere. From what reservations have looked like in the past month or so, only weekdays are available. Does anybody know if this changes in November? Any knowledge about these passes would be helpful!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon57 said:

The blockout dates are available on the Disney website. You can see the different dates based on the different passes.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

Hi! They only have the inspire, believe, enchant, imagine, and dream keys on the website. The pass we have is literally only called “Yellow Pass”. It’s a valid ticket, I just can’t find any information on it. 

I have never heard a pass called Yellow Pass. The different Magic Key passes use different colors in the app so that was what I thought you were meaning. Did you get it from Disney?

11 minutes ago, Dragon57 said:

The blockout dates are available on the Disney website. You can see the different dates based on the different passes.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

Everybody I’ve asked about the passes has no idea what they are either, so I totally understand! 
We received 4 of them from my parent’s workplace. The research I had done lead me to believe they are passes for cast members, but nobody in my family has ever worked for Disney. I really can’t figure out why we got them, but hey I’m not complaining lol. 
But yes, they are definitely from Disney and I was able to connect them to the Disneyland app and it allows me to book a park reservation. That alone assures me that they are legit and everything. 

• Like 1

Sounds good. I believe you can only book a reservation 90 days in advance. If you try booking a reservation (but don't complete it) you should see if any dates are blocked or not. That should give you an idea if dates will be blocked however the holiday week of Thanksgiving might be blocked. You can't know until it gets closer to the end of summer.

Ok, awesome! Thank you! I will keep watching those reservations as we get closer to the trip!