Newbie & Question*

Deseaya

Hello all! 🌻

I have recently started my pin collection last year when I went to Walt Disney World, at the time I bought a few pins because I thought they were pretty and had no idea how big of a pin trading community there actually was. I have an upcoming trip to WDW planned for this November and it will be my first time visiting during the holiday season and plan on attending the MVMCP if I am able to snag tickets. That being said, Disney pins are quickly becoming an obsession the further down the rabbit hole of research I go. By the suggestion of fellow pin traders, I stumbled across this website but struggling to understand a few things. When viewing someone else's profile, the list that says "trade", are these pins that members currently have up for trade OR are these previous trades they have already done? Also, if pins says something like LE 300 for example, what does the number stand for? 

I appreciate any guidance, I have a batch of pins coming this week and I cant wait to show my sons. They are 5 & 4 years old and both non verbal, even though they may not understand what a pin actually is, they love to see familiar Disney characters and seeing their little faces light up brings me as much joy as the pins themselves. Thank you all, I look forward to embracing this little Disney pin community! ✨

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hi and welcome to pinpics. LE stands for limited edition. So LE 309 means there are 300 of that particular pin. 

Owns are pins you own

Wants are pins you are looking to get

Trades are pins you want to acquire 

• Like 1

Hi.  Welcome. 

just a Fyi...beware of large lots of pins at low prices on places

Like auction sites and amazon.

I love that you are including your kids .  I love trading pins with my kids.

• Like 2

Howdy!  I hope you're able to attend the Christmas party, the holidays at Disney are so magical!

• Like 1

Thank you all! 🌻

Unfortunately I did find out the hard way about lots on Ebay, but you live and learn. 

My sons love most Disney characters from the movies honestly, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck though I would say are who they love the most. One of my sons is also a big animal lover and enjoys the Disney critters....especially the cats! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Donald is one of my favorites, too!  I collect him in memory of my Papa, who was a Donald.

• Love 1

Welcome @Deseaya to PinPics! This is an awesome community of pin people!!!!!!! Thank you so much for using PinPics!!