My attempt at a pin trading VHS book

roadrunner8310

Posted (edited)

I saw one of these a few months back and wanted to try it. When I found this empty case at a goodwill, it made the perfect opportunity to try this. I think if I do another one I will do a plastic cover for the pins inside instead of the fabric one. Overall very simple to do, once you get the cork cut to size. Thanks for taking a look!

20240707_103737.jpg

20240707_103747.jpg

20240707_103753.jpg

Edited by roadrunner8310
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

That is an amazing idea!!! I am 100% going to try my hand at making one of those, I always see empty VHS cassette cases at Charity Shops, thank you for posting this idea!!

• Like 3

I'm so going to make some to put on my bookshelf. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

• Like 2

@roadrunner8310 That's a great job! Absolutely love it! 

We've made these for some of our smaller collections, but usually just one-sided. The fabric or plastic between the pins is a good thought!

We used the cork-covered foam core back when we made ours, though I think that is hard to find these days. What type of cork did you use?

image.png

image.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@TheTwins I used cork tiles. They are pretty thin so I glued a couple together and then just cut them to size. I also have some foam tiles that have a thin layer of cork on top that I am going to try on my next one. I also bought a thicker sheet of clear plastic, similar to a very heavy duty shower curtain to place between the sides.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roadrunner8310 said:

@TheTwins I used cork tiles. They are pretty thin so I glued a couple together and then just cut them to size. I also have some foam tiles that have a thin layer of cork on top that I am going to try on my next one. I also bought a thicker sheet of clear plastic, similar to a very heavy duty shower curtain to place between the sides.

Oh, cool! We have the cork sheets, too. So far, we've glued some of those together to make mini pin boards for our desks, etc., but not tried that in a VHS case. Can't wait to see one with the clear plastic. That's a great idea!

• Like 2