What are Mondo Disney Pins?

katalina

Hi all. I've been trying to do some research but couldn't find anything. I know Mondo pins are licensed Disney pins designed by different artists, but I was wondering its equivalence to other companies that make licensed pins, such as Loungefly or PALM. Are they highly sought after or popular in the pin community? 

Mondo pins have not been that terribly prolific in terms of Disney Pixar.  There has been more Marvel and I don't honestly know of their involvement with any other Disney owned/related intellectual properties.  Mondo pins are not the highest quality pins out there.  Some people like to collect everything and some only pins from certain makers.  For most complete-ist on a character, movie, etc.  the collector is looking for everything, including fantasy pins to be a part of their collection.  Since there have not been as many pins made by Mondo for Disney movies or characters so far, it's kind of hard to call Mondo good or bad.  Mondo is just Mondo.  I was told something a long time ago that has served me well in my 20+ years of pin collecting, "Only collect what you like and you will never be disappointed with your collection."  A lot of people collect pins hoping to make money or have some sort of retirement investment.  You can't count on that happening.  You can't count on the pin that you buy from Disney today that is a LE 300 of being worth what you paid for it 10 years or more from now.  Value on pins is all over the place.  There is no good valuation tool that we work from.  Supply and demand vary all of the time.  Just pull up the sold prices on pins on eBay and you can easily see that.  It often makes absolutely no sense.  So, with all of that said, collect what you like.  Don't be afraid to buy pins that are officially licensed as traders, even if you don't want them for yourself, but know that you may not always find that they are worth what you paid for them through absolutely no fault of your own.  Good luck!

• Like 2