Ongoing Game: Time or date mean anything to you?

TheTwins

Welcome to the new ongoing PinPics game using the Hidden Mickey FastPass pins! Everyone can win this game once, but there's no ending date since it's a holiday weekend coming up.

Just reply to this thread! Replies will be public. The points and badges will be awarded as we read through the replies.

Each of these Hidden Mickey pins was made to look like the FastPass ticket of their time. Fourteen of these were released at WDW between 2006 and 2009, and they were much sought-after in their time. (Disneyland didn’t get them, according to Disney, because they got the Alphabet, which took up “26 pin spaces”.)

In February 2010, Steven Miller (the Disney Pin Trading guru) wrote a blog entry about why he chose what to go on a number of the Cast Lanyard and Hidden Mickey pins. “Over the years, I’ve created various FastPass tickets as Hidden Mickey pins. The times listed on these pins have special meanings; such as, ‘12:06 pm’ on the Kali River Rapids pin signifies my children’s birthdays, December 6 (they were born on the same day 11 years apart). I was born at 6:29 am, so the Star Tours pins (Star Wars fan am I) features that time. Granted, the pin says 6:29 pm, as Star Tours doesn’t open that early in the morning. Finally, the Maelstrom pin features the time 4:29 pm, which is the date of my wedding anniversary, April 29 (yes, I carry that pin with me everywhere so I will never, ever forget).”

FastPasses 01.jpg

(These are pins #67197, #58979, #67195.)

So, look carefully at these photos of other FastPass Ticket pins.

Does a time or date mean anything to you?

Or what if you could make your own special FastPass Ticket pins? Which ride and times would you put on them?

POINTS AND BADGE: Receive FIVE POINTS and a PROFILE BADGE for replying with one or more special time/event FastPass answers.

FastPass 02.jpg

FastPass 03.jpg

(These are pins #58999, #59000, #59002, #62716, #67196, #67198, #70893, #42035, #42036, #42037, #42038.)

Just reply to this thread to play! Replies will be public. The points and badges will be awarded as we read through the replies.

My pass would be for Primeval Whirl. It was one of our family favorites as it just made us laugh.  The time would be for 10:17am-11:17am. My wife and I were married on 10/17, my daughter was married on 10/17, and our twin granddaughters were born on 10/17.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

For the pins displayed:

Expedition Everest: 5-5-5 bell sequence is the Tolling of the Bells to signify the Alarm had Ended and to rest. 5-5-5 is tolled at Firefighter funerals (Line of Duty Deaths).

Rockin Rollercoaster: 626! Do I need to explain???

One not posted Splash Mountain: 10:10AM. Oct 10 (birthday).

Edited by firechief18
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Mine would be for Rise of the Resistance and the time would be 12:24pm -1:24pm. Dorine and I were married on Christmas Eve and has been a special date since.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1. Splash Mountain 6:22 am 9:30 am - splash was the first ride I ever rode at Disney…in June of 2022 at 9.30 am (I videoed it!)
  2. Test Track (listed) - 10:01 end of World War I?  Opening of spaceship earth and 11:01 Yosemite national park was established.
  3. Big Thunder Mountain - 10:15 am 10:17 am - my parents anniversary and my anniversary.
  4. Journey into Imagination - 3:05 am 10:11 am -the Month and day figment was released , I think.  And the year he was created 1+9 (10) 8+3 (11) 1983 lol.
  • Like 7

Loving everyone's responses here! Points and badges awarded so far. :scoop:

The Toy Story Mania pin here has the time of 6:28 on it . . . which happens to be our birthday of June 28, and one of the rides that we would really love to go on eventually!

• Like 7

Mission Space appears to be my ticket.  2:08 - February 8th is my son-in-laws birthday.  However.... it is not a ride he would go on again.

• Like 7

Mickey’s phillharmagic is my fast past ticket. April 27th (4:27) is my older sister’s birthday. It’s kinda funny growing up I wasn’t the biggest fan of this attraction because I always wanted to go on “rides” and didn’t want to just sit around. She loved the break from the heat and humidity that Florida offers. Now that I’m older I gladly go to this attraction on a hot day. I also appreciate it more than when I was a child. I really love the Coco addition Disney has made to the show. 

• Like 6

My ticket would be Mission Space!!   My daughter(first born child) was born on 8/15/2003 which is the day Mission Space opened.   Also if you add the two times together (2:08 and 3:08) it equals 5:16.    PP516 is Minnie in a space suit which is perfect for Mission Space in my opinion!  If you want to see her collection, then check out member "Squishy".

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I would do a fast pass for Pirates of the Caribbean with a return time of 9:19-10:19. September 19th is me and my husband's anniversary but it also happens to be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

• Like 8

I would keep the Jungle Cruise with return time 2:17. My late grandmother’s birthday is February 17. I have a fabulous picture with her laughing in line of the jungle cruise so this is one that I hold dear to my heart! 

• Like 6

I would make one up with the people mover because it was one of the few rides my daughter in law would ride with me.  (She doesn’t like rides).  The time would be 02:16 for her birthday.

Edited by DisneyCatMom
  • Like 6

Mine would be Soarin. 10/28 is my daughters birthday and we were at Epcot in November 2006 and our first time ever on the ride. We got our pass early morning for late afternoon return. We were just about to get on the ride and her anxiety got the best of her and she just couldn't get on. My wife stood with her while I took our younger daughter. I guess from spending the rest of the day listening to her younger sister talk about what a great ride it was  she was determined to give it another try. We had a later dinner reservation that night at the Garden Grill. After dinner we went down stairs and because everyone was at the light show there was no line and we were able to get right on and she loved it. To this day whenever the doors open to enter the ride she has the biggest smile.

• Like 6

The Jungle Cruise pin has my Mom's birthday on it!  Seeing as how she has a picture of the elephant from the Cruise hanging in her bathroom, I think that's quite appropriate!

Mine would have to be Rise of the Resistance with return time 12:25 - my favorite ride and my birthday.

Also, Smuggler's Run at 5:31 to 6:31, because my husband and I were at Galaxy's Edge on opening day at Disneyland and we - of course - flew the Falcon!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

From the pins listed above:

Mickey's Philharmagic has 3:27pm (3/27) which was the first day I stepped foot on WDW property at the Port Orleans Resort! We arrived late that night (pm) to hit the ground running the next day.

Otherwise, Test Track has 10:01am (10/1) which is WDW's anniversary (Magic Kingdom in '71 and Epcot in '82) and the most recent time I spent a full day at the Florida parks was during WDW's 50th anniversary.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Love all the answers here! Badges and points have been awarded, and we're looking forward to reading more fun answers!

• Like 1

I’d have to go with Splash Mountain. The look of the drop outside always terrified me. It took me 17 years to finally get the courage to go on it. And the reason is because it was my six year old daughter’s favorite ride. She encouraged me to take my own advice and face my fear. I ended up loving the ride and it became our family’s favorite ride in the park! I would choose the return time of 8:05 for her birthday August 5th. 

Edited by CurlyGirl311
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

I would change the time on Kali River Run to my birthday, 11:12, because one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had at the parks was on that ride with my mom.  She got a tiny bit wet, but I got SO drenched, that the pills in my metal pill case, which was in an inside pocket of my purse, DISSOLVED.  When we got off the ride, we found a table to sit down at, and for the next hour or so, everyone that passed gasped at how dripping wet I was.  It made for quite the memory.  😆

• Like 5
  • Love 1

None of the rides and times align for my family, but if I could make one, it would let us ride The Seven Dwarves Mine Train starting at 9:17 pm, because that is our wedding anniversary.

The Mickey's Philharmagic pass reminds me of a trip we took in about 2013. My husband (who is quite tall) offered to assist a Cast Member who was struggling to reach a high shelf in Mickey's Emporium. Afterwards, she gave him four Fast Passes to ride Mickey's Philharmagic, We'd never been on it, and we really enjoyed it. We revisited it in May and really appreciated the Coco addition. Now I understand the Coco Mystery pin set that came out earlier this year (pp161515-9, pp161563-5).

Mac

• Like 7

I'd choose Star Tours with a time of 5:04 pm.  5/4 is my nephew's birthday, and is also Star Wars day.

StarTours.jpg.78e8c71d988aff63370272f650d0be00.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I would choose Peter Pan"s Flight 2:19 and 3:19  because my Birthday is 2/19 and I Won't Grow Up!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

In the original picture 1/6 is my husbands grandfathers birthday & 5/29 was my husbands & mine 1st date. In your pic with your pin choices Toy story 6/28 is my husbands birthday & another 1/6 for Grandpa Mikes bday from Dinosaur. We got lots going on between dates but thats about it.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2024 at 9:38 AM, TheTwins said:

Welcome to the new ongoing PinPics game using the Hidden Mickey FastPass pins! Everyone can win this game once, but there's no ending date since it's a holiday weekend coming up.

Just reply to this thread! Replies will be public. The points and badges will be awarded as we read through the replies.

Each of these Hidden Mickey pins was made to look like the FastPass ticket of their time. Fourteen of these were released at WDW between 2006 and 2009, and they were much sought-after in their time. (Disneyland didn’t get them, according to Disney, because they got the Alphabet, which took up “26 pin spaces”.)

In February 2010, Steven Miller (the Disney Pin Trading guru) wrote a blog entry about why he chose what to go on a number of the Cast Lanyard and Hidden Mickey pins. “Over the years, I’ve created various FastPass tickets as Hidden Mickey pins. The times listed on these pins have special meanings; such as, ‘12:06 pm’ on the Kali River Rapids pin signifies my children’s birthdays, December 6 (they were born on the same day 11 years apart). I was born at 6:29 am, so the Star Tours pins (Star Wars fan am I) features that time. Granted, the pin says 6:29 pm, as Star Tours doesn’t open that early in the morning. Finally, the Maelstrom pin features the time 4:29 pm, which is the date of my wedding anniversary, April 29 (yes, I carry that pin with me everywhere so I will never, ever forget).”

FastPasses 01.jpg

(These are pins #67197, #58979, #67195.)

So, look carefully at these photos of other FastPass Ticket pins.

Does a time or date mean anything to you?

Or what if you could make your own special FastPass Ticket pins? Which ride and times would you put on them?

POINTS AND BADGE: Receive FIVE POINTS and a PROFILE BADGE for replying with one or more special time/event FastPass answers.

FastPass 02.jpg

FastPass 03.jpg

(These are pins #58999, #59000, #59002, #62716, #67196, #67198, #70893, #42035, #42036, #42037, #42038.)

Just reply to this thread to play! Replies will be public. The points and badges will be awarded as we read through the replies.

image.jpeg.0c3a6bc61c09dbabf3ebf62c81c81360.jpeg
I would pick space mountain. It was our wedding day on May 6th at 4pm but due to a hurricane coming through that morning, our ceremony was delayed until 4:19pm. The happiest day of my life!

• Like 2
  • Love 1