Longtime Disney pin collector but new to trading

wdwfanintx

Howdy y'all. 

My wife and I are from Texas, and we love everything related to Disney World. I had never been prior to 2013 when she finally talked me into taking a trip. The deal was if I took her to Disney World (she had only been with the band in high school), I could go to any baseball park I wanted. Well, I fell in love with Disney the week we were there. And we've got our 13th trip scheduled in a couple of weeks. And guess what? We haven't been to any MLB parks. I guess you could say I'm a success story. 

So that brings us to pin collecting. 

We first started picking up pins on our first trip in 2013, but we've always just bought the pins we like. DW (Disney wife) collects Cinderella, Mary Poppins and Maleficent, while I collect pins featuring Walt Disney himself, resorts/parks/rides and sports pins. 

Earlier this weekend, we attended our first pin trading event here in the DFW area. And we met some great people that gave us very helpful information for getting involved with pin trading. And we're looking forward to using that knowledge when we go to the parks in about a month. Hopefully we can do some trading then. 

Well anyway, we just wanted to introduce ourselves, tell a little about our history with Disney/pins and share what types of pins we collect/like. We've added a bunch of what we have as well as what we want to our database already. 

Here's a picture of the pins we picked up at the trading event yesterday. 

Trading event pickups..jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hope you have fun. I started collecting in 1998 but did not start trading until 2006. Had about 400 pins when my wife died and now my collection in in the mid 4 digits. and I trade at DISNEYLAND nearly every week. Have fun! That really is a nice spoon.

• Like 1