Pin trading chat?

paradise
Go to solution Solved by TheTwins,

The pin trading chat seems to be auto-set up to some extent and I don’t know if that is planned to change or not, but I’d like to understand it better.

Could we maybe get a general how to on it? Also, it seems like there is a place to confirm the trade, but is there a place to decline the trade or is that just supposed to be when you archive the chat?

Thanks in advance for any assistance and/or help.

• Solution

Hi! Good questions! We are actively working on getting the Trade Assist chats to use the inbox that you can access via the little envelope button in the top right next to your avatar (that you can see on the forum section). Hoping this is coming sooner-than-later, so you don't have to worry about getting too comfortable with the PinPics Chat right now. There is a way to "confirm" a trade, but that is leaving shortly. To "complete" a trade, you will leave feedback for someone you trade with via this link (You can access the feedback page on the Navbar, too):

https://forum.pinpics.com/feedback/

There is no auto-decline for a Trade Request. If you wish to decline a trade, write back a brief but polite note saying Thanks, but no thanks. Archiving does not "decline" a trade, simply archives it in your inbox and the other member will just think that you do not reply. So, the best way to do it is to just send back a reply thanking them for their trade offer and explaingin that you don't wish to do that trade, or you can counteroffer, etc. 

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth

• Like 2

Awesome! Thanks so much for the information. I haven’t yet gotten a response to any of the queries I had sent out… so was just trying to make sure I understood them. Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

One tip for looking at individuals to trade with is to check and see when was the last time they were in PinPics. If they haven't been in PinPics in a while then they may not see your offer and you might want to see if there is someone else to trade with.

PinPics.png.0b832db4a39833bd8527cfaa785a554a.png

• Like 1