Hello from Canada; returning to PinPics

kpop

Hello!

I've been collecting and trading pins since 2016—definitely not as long as many on these forums, but long enough to have met some fantastic people through this hobby. 

I used to joke that my biggest collection was my traders (and it's probably true) because I love pin trading almost as much as collecting. My tastes and collections have changed over the years, but I always get enjoyment from meeting and chatting with other collectors and traders. I haven't traded a lot online recently, but I'm looking forward to (slowly) getting my pins back onto PinPics and participating in this community.

I'm a mother of a toddler and have recently gone back to school after work restructuring... so there is never as much time in the day as I would like to spend on my hobbies, but I'm excited to see the changes being implemented to PinPics and hope that I can make some great trades with others here! I'm not a completist by any stretch, and many of my current collections are small and a bit random. I'm currently ISO some sailboat pins, table tennis pins, Main Street pins, historic/Imagineering pins, and a few others with personal meaning... but there's always something that catches my eye and gets added to new or growing collections.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm also ALWAYS willing to adopt 5-legged goats—authentic or not—and give them a loving home in my goat heard. 

Attached is a photo of my first three collections: Chip and Dale, Pluto and my only venture into completeness—the DSSH alphabet that I almost couldn't finish because they changed international payment policies part-way through the release schedule. I never would have been able to get the last few sets if it weren't for the kindness of strangers in the pin trading community. I don't know why I was so drawn to that set, but at the time I imagined framing it and putting it in my future child's nursery. Many years (and a long fertility journey) later, it felt like it was always meant to be, when my (then) 22-month old daughter became as enchanted by the collection as I had been when I was acquiring it.

Happy pin-trading, Ohana! 

EBA546E6-C873-4B6E-8915-AF2EECE1974F.jpg

Edited by kpop
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Kpop, happy to have you aboard our PinPic group.  Your collections are awesome.  Stop in on Thursday nights at 7:00 if you can fit it into your tight schedule.  We have a blast and learn about the website at the same time.

• Love 1