12 Days of Christmas - Day 1

TheTwins

~ LET'S GET STARTED ~

This is the first round in our 12 Days of Christmas Q&A Game. For more info, click here.

image.png

Merry Christmas! 

To start out, we have two activities here. You will receive a point added to your account for each of these that you complete.

1) Show a holiday photo of yourself when you were a youngster.

2) Share your favorite holiday memory.

My favorite holiday memory is the year that my parents decided that, instead of gifts, they would take us to Disneyland for Christmas.  We got to stay in the (now gone) Oriental Gardens at the Disneyland Hotel.  I'd love to do the same thing for my kids some day.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My favourite holiday memory is the time my parents got me a Cabbage Patch Doll for Christmas that had brown hair and brown eyes, just like me. I loved that doll so much.

Years later, I learned that they were the hottest toy that Christmas and it was probably absolute chaos in the stores with everyone trying to buy them. I don't have that doll anymore, but the memory is still such a symbol of parental love ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite holiday memories is decorating with my Grandma. She had this one decoration in particular, that she and my Grandpa had made that was a Jewelry Christmas Tree. Just a bunch of random jewelry she had bought and put in the shape of a tree in a frame they made complete with lights. I suppose in many ways, it was rather simple, but the thought and love that went into it always made it a favorite for me.

Oh, and here’s a phot of a much younger me. 🙂

IMG_3563.jpeg.a3f3b5514a3ff704dd9def8a813ac4b0.jpeg

• Like 1

Sarah here. Been crazy here since Christmas, and I ended up having the worst eye infection I've ever had for the last week . . . but I want to post answers to a lot of these questions for fun!

Here's a picture of Sis and me in 1995 on Christmas morning (probably an unearthly hour, we were always up way before dawn). We had just gotten two new American Girl dolls -- Samantha and Felicity -- who are meeting Kirsten and Addy.

1995 Christmas.jpg

Favorite holiday memory is difficult, because there are so many of them. But since this is a pin-trading community here -- I'll share a more recent one in this theme. 

Mom's birthday is at the beginning of December, so the three of us really like to go down to Florida in that month to visit our grandmother (her Mom). It's happened a few times over the years, and it's always been great -- particularly in 2018. This was only our second time pin-trading in person, and our Aunt and cousin went with us to Disney Springs for the day. Turns out, that was during the Christmas Tree Stroll (when it was all contained in one area), and we went in there just as dusk was approaching. By the time we came out, it was dark. What a great time to do that! We had SO MUCH fun!!! It really was one of the greatest days ever. And inside there, we met this family from Australia. It was a Dad, Mom and little girl (about nine years old) going from tree to tree. I think they offered to take our picture, and we took theirs . . . something like that. Well, one of them asked about the pin trading lanyards we were wearing. They had five days left in their trip and hadn't seen pins yet. We had a lanyard in our bag, and we all started taking pins off the ones we were wearing and filled it up for that little girl. Hopefully, she ended up having some fun trading in the rest of her vacation. It was a great time meeting them there, and I just always remember the moment. 

Here's a picture of Kelly (our cousin), me and Elizabeth from that evening:

December 11, 2018 (122).JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Had to do a little digging, but I found one! I wanna say I’m 6 or 7 here. Enjoying the spoils of gifts. I see some Littlest Pet Shop, and I remember that pin unicorn had hair with wire in it, and I learned how to braid on her.

IMG_7779.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...