12 Days of Christmas - Day 4

TheTwins

~ SEE THE SIGHTS ~

This is the fourth round in our 12 Days of Christmas Q&A Game. For more info, click here.

image.png

Today, we have three questions. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like and post photos. You will receive a point added to your account for each of these that you complete, and if you post a picture to go along with answer #2, you'll receive a bonus point!

1) Do you drive around to see Christmas lights, or do you remember doing that as a kid?

2) As a child, did you you ever go somewhere to "see Santa"? Feel free to share a photo.

3) Do you live in a neighborhood that goes all out with their Christmas decorating?

As a kid I remember driving around to see Christmas lights.  We did that every year.  There used to be a fantastic drive through light experience at one of our local attractions that we always took the kids to, but they've changed it into a walk through and raised the prices, so we haven't been since the change.

When I was a kid we would go to the Meier & Frank department store in downtown Portland, OR.  They had a whole big area dedicated to Christmas, with an indoor monorail through an ice cave.  Sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what we wanted for Christmas was a necessity.  

My current neighborhood isn't terribly festive.  Only half of the houses put up lights, but there is one house in particular around the corner from us that goes all out.  Tons of lights and the yard is FILLED with inflatables.

1. We usually drive through neighborhoods with lights, just to see what everyone put up for the holidays.

2. We used to go to the Mall to see Santa. Later we would have Santa at the Firehall for children to see him. We'd line up a gift ahead of time or have quick gifts a parent could select if they didn't have one. Then Santa would visit the neighborhood on top of the fire engine and toss candy canes.

3. No too much, we're out among other ranches, most of the houses are well off the road and can't be seen. 

• Like 1

1) Do you drive around to see Christmas lights, or do you remember doing that as a kid?

I don't remember doing it as a child, but my daughter loves Christmas lights, so we definitely do this with her. We didn't get a chance this year, but I'm looking forward to taking her to see the lights in Downtown Rochester, MI next year when we visit family for Thanksgiving

2) As a child, did you you ever go somewhere to "see Santa"? Feel free to share a photo.

When I was young, my mother worked at a large insurance company that would hold a big Christmas party for the employee's children. They had a Santa there and even gave each child a wrapped Christmas present (based on age and gender). This was the early–mid 80s when large companies still provided a lot of perks and social events for their employees. 

IMG_3881.thumb.jpeg.d287d3e20af09c24de28cb53c3323430.jpeg

3) Do you live in a neighborhood that goes all out with their Christmas decorating?

Not really. There are a few houses that make a good effort, but not many. I keep buying lights on clearance after Christmas each year... I'll be that house in a couple of years

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1) Do you drive around to see Christmas lights, or do you remember doing that as a kid?

We did that a lot when we were kids. We lived in town, and a lot of people used to decorate with lights. There was also something that the local fairgrounds put on, and it was a HUGE display of lights across the whole place that you could drive through. You paid a couple dollars a car to go.

Yep. Not too often in my memory, but there are pictures of us being held by Santa on our first Christmas. Not sure I can find the picture, but I'm going to try and dig it out. We still have the little elf outfits that we wore! 

Nope. We're out in the country, and it's not very festive out here these days.

• Like 2

1. Yes we did usually drive around to see lights! Sometimes just the near by neighborhoods, sometimes the next town over. 

2. Yep! Lots of different locations! Heck I still can’t resist a photo with Santa if I get the chance! 

3. Nope, apartment complex, and they’re stingy about how you decorate. We just enjoy decorating inside for now.

Edited by pretty_omi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Points awarded. Oh, I am always sorry when the Christmas lights come down and you can no longer see any at night!

• Love 1