12 Days of Christmas - Day 5

TheTwins

~ LITTLE ONES ~

This is the fifth round in our 12 Days of Christmas Q&A Game. For more info, click here.

image.png

Today, we have five questions. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like and post photos. If you don't have young children in your house now, feel free to answer about your past experiences. You will receive a point added to your account for each of these that you complete, and if you post a family Christmas picture in answer #1, you'll receive a bonus point!

1) Tell us about the children in your house (husbands not included). Is this a "first Christmas" for any of them?

2) Tell us about the grandkids you buy gifts for. Any "first Christmas" babies here this year?

3) Do you put up stockings, and what goes into them?

4) Do your children enter into the spirit and donate some of their "old" toys to a toy drive or local charity?

5) What's the earliest your kids have ever been allowed to wake you up on Christmas morning?

1. Son is grown and on his own with his fiance'.

2. none.

3. yes, candy and small gifts.

4. rule we had, one toy in, one toy out. Could either donate or sell at yard sale.

5. 7 A.M.

• Like 1

We have a 15 yr old boy, a 12 year old girl, and the baby turned 10 today, so no "first Christmas" here for a decade.

No grandbabies.

We do put up stockings, and Santa provides an assortment of chocolates and a small gift in each one.  This year the boys (I'm including my husband here) got a multi-tool and the girls (including myself) got nail polish.

The 15 & 10 year olds are pretty good about donating old toys, but the 12 year old struggles letting go of things.

This year the girls were awake by 5 am, but they weren't allowed to go into the living room until 7:30, and that's been the rule for always.

1000006055.jpg

1000006058.jpg

Edited by sithathoriunet
Forgot photos
  • Like 2

1) Tell us about the children in your house (husbands not included). Is this a "first Christmas" for any of them?

Just one! My little girl is 3.5 and in love with Christmas decorations. She tells everyone that she "made the tree herself" this year 😂

2) Tell us about the grandkids you buy gifts for. Any "first Christmas" babies here this year?

No grandkids, but a close pin friend finally made it through the intense process of applying for and adopting a rescue dog. She arrived a few weeks before Christmas, so she got a cute Minnie collar from WDW from us for her first Christmas.

3) Do you put up stockings, and what goes into them?

We only started last year when my daughter was old enough. Her grandma made her a beautiful felt stocking.

We put a couple of small toys and treats (Kinder eggs) in her stocking this year. I stuffed my husbands stocking with "old man candy" (black licorice), "a nice panettone" (a reference to a favourite performer, Coco Peru) and some fun Japanese stationary

4) Do your children enter into the spirit and donate some of their "old" toys to a toy drive or local charity?

My daughter is all about this, but we do new unwrapped toys for charity and re-gift her old toys to friends' children who are younger.

5) What's the earliest your kids have ever been allowed to wake you up on Christmas morning?

She has not tested this limit yet. However, when I was young I was a notoriously early riser for Christmas. This gave rise to a rule that I would have to make breakfast for the family before any presents could be opened. Our tradition was Eggs Benedict and I made the Hollandaise from scratch... so this kept 8-year-old me busy for a bit    

IMG_3680.jpeg

Edited by kpop
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. No more kiddos in the family, everyone is over 21. But we did get together for the first time since pandemic happened and that was nice!

2. Nope, no babies in the house, and we’re not eligible to be grandparents, we’re still the grandkids!

3. We do! Myself, husband, and the kitties all get one. I usually get my favorite candies in mine, chocolate oranges and Ferrerro Rocher. Husband gets whatever is small enough I don’t have to wrap lolol. Kitties usually each get a new toy or bag of treats.

4. I was never made to do that as a kid, but I do think it’s a good idea! We try to donate things regularly, and I give up toys cuz I’m still a big kid 😛

5. We never had a set rule, but I actually couldn’t get out of bed until I heard my parents come down and be up

IMG_0028.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Points awarded! When we were younger, we got up much earlier . . . the older I get, waking up early holds almost as much thrill as staying up late. 😉

• Love 1