12 Days of Christmas - Day 7

TheTwins

~ SHARE THE JOY ~

This is the seventh round in our 12 Days of Christmas Q&A Game. For more info, click here.

image.png

Today, we have four questions. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like. You will receive a point added to your account for each of these that you complete, and if you post a picture in answer to #4, you'll receive a bonus point!

1) Do you make your own gifts, buy them all, or a combination of both?

2) Do you send Christmas cards? If so, snail-mail paper cards or e-cards?

3) What do you wrap your gifts in (giftwrap, newspaper funnies, gift bags, etc)?

4) Do you dress in "holiday garb" during the holiday season (Ugly Sweaters count here)?

All of my gifts are purchased.  I don't have any "maker" skills at all, but I am an expert shopper.  😉

Some years we send cards via USPS, but some years it just doesn't happen.  One of the main factors is whether I can get a reasonably good photo of the kids all together to send with the cards.

We're a wrapping paper family.  Two years ago I did butcher paper instead of the waxed holiday paper, with fancy ribbons to dress them up.  

We don't have any "ugly" sweaters, but we do dress in festive colors as much as possible, and Christmas themed PJs are an absolute must!

• Like 1

Mostly buy gifts, but sometimes make them.

Yes. Snail mail.

I do all the wrapping. I love all the fancy and sparkly paper. I only do gift bags when I can't figure out how to wrap it.

I have a some Christmas jewelry I like to wear.

• Like 2

1) Do you make your own gifts, buy them all, or a combination of both?

Before we moved in together, my husband and I had a "handmade gifts" agreement. It just got too hard to find time to make surprises under the same roof. 

Snail-mail. Usually late. This year the "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" will be crossed off and "Happy Valentines Day" will be scrawled in.... maybe Easter 😆

3) What do you wrap your gifts in (giftwrap, newspaper funnies, gift bags, etc)?

I'm still using up our stash of wrapping paper, but also sewing reusable gift bags each year when Christmas fabric goes on clearance. My husband will be relieved when we finally have enough bags for all the gifts... wrapping stresses him out

4) Do you dress in "holiday garb" during the holiday season (Ugly Sweaters count here)?

Not unless we're at a Christmas party in the Magic Kingdom

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1) Do you make your own gifts, buy them all, or a combination of both?

Handmade gifts are the #1 goal in our house. Of course, we do buy things, but we're all really keen on making things as special pieces. This year, we didn't do very much, but other years have been really banner! Sis (Elizabeth) did hand-paint a bag for a friend this year. The friend really loves Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars Rebels, and there's not much merchandise for him at all. Very hard to find. Sis had painted a baseball cap for her earlier this year, and this was a bag to go with it. I was working on something homemade for this Christmas, too, but there wasn't time to finish it. The friend's birthday is this weekend, though, so she's getting it then! After that, I can post about it. 🙂

December 5, 2023 (4).JPG

Paper cards, definitely. Didn't actually send many this year with everything going on, but usually we do somewhere around fifty of them. Used to do more before the postage costs went so high!

Wrapping paper all the way! But I have a problem . . . I like to buy too much of it. 🙂

Sis and I always try to wear something festive on the day, and we have Minnie and Mickey Santa hats that we wear all December!!

• Love 1

Do you make your own gifts, buy them all, or a combination of both?  I purchase all of them.  I would like to learn to make gifts.

2) Do you send Christmas cards? If so, snail-mail paper cards or e-cards?  No.  I usually post Christmas wishes on Facebook.  I used to write a Christmas letter and mail it but gave up after our kids grew up and left home.

3) What do you wrap your gifts in (giftwrap, newspaper funnies, gift bags, etc)?  Gift wrap and I use a lot of gift bags with tissue paper.  The grand dogs get their presents wrapped in tissue paper.

4) Do you dress in "holiday garb" during the holiday season (Ugly Sweaters count here)?  I have a couple sweaters that I like to wear in December but don’t consider them ugly. 😂😂

• Like 1

1. I don’t usually make gifts myself, but I have purchased custom made gifts for friends! I also buy typical store bought wishlist type gifts, just depends on the person and what inspires me to want to give to them!

2. Sometimes I do, sometimes I just forget. I forgot again for 2023. We’ll try again this year. I like doing snail mail cards, writing each note, and decorating with stickers. I do save myself some time and print all the addresses on stickers for the envelopes!

3. I buy cute or silly gift wrap! I’m also prone to whatever Disney one might come out that year. We used the last of my Sisu paper this year from the year before.

4. YOU BET! I consider myself the holiday queen as far as dressing goes. Day after Thanksgiving is fair game thru New Years. I have Christmas sweaters, Christmas spirit jerseys, and Christmas t-shirts! I have some fun Santa hats and reindeer headbands too. Oh and a Rudolph kigurumi pajama.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...