12 Days of Christmas - Day 8

TheTwins

~ COOKING ~

This is the eighth round in our 12 Days of Christmas Q&A Game. For more info, click here.

image.png

Today, we have three questions. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like. You will receive a point added to your account for each of these that you complete, and if you post a picture in answer to #3, you'll receive a bonus point!

1) Does your family have a food or drink that's become a Christmas tradition? Feel free to share the recipe here.

2) Is there an actual dish (plate, bowl, glasses, etc) that you always use at Christmas, and why?

3) Feel free to share a funny story about a Christmas where the cooking went all wrong or a recipe that didn't turn out right.

1. Leg of Lamb

2. Sweet potato pudding (Emeril's) recipe.

3. Christmas meal was great. No interruptions. Some years we got a fire or EMS call during dinner.

• Like 1

1. Æbleskivers, Norwegian heart shaped waffles & biscuits and gravy

2. We have a set of Christmas elf mugs and dessert plates from Williams Sonoma that we use every year.

3. This year my husband forgot to put the salt in the heart shaped waffle recipe.  Oops.

1000006039.jpg

• Like 2

1) Does your family have a food or drink that's become a Christmas tradition? Feel free to share the recipe here.

Our family tradition was bucking traditions... we didn't have a lot of family around (only child, immigrant parents) so our traditions were things that made Christmas special for our family of three, rather than what we were "supposed to" do to celebrate

Eggs Benedict on Christmas morning, seafood on Christmas eve, and Dad always made something gourmet for Christmas dinner

2) Is there an actual dish (plate, bowl, glasses, etc) that you always use at Christmas, and why?

Not at the moment, but when my daughter is older I'd like to start using my mother's stoneware dishes for special meals

3) Feel free to share a funny story about a Christmas where the cooking went all wrong or a recipe that didn't turn out right.

Haha... it took us a hot minute to even remember what we had for Christmas dinner this year because it was such a disaster. My daughter became very over-stimulated on Christmas day and went into 3 days of meltdown tantrums. We were so exhausted, we ended up ordering a tray of sushi instead of cooking anything. It was delicious.

My daughter ate the crab salad rolls and some tamago (egg)

IMG_1095.thumb.jpeg.fed4e783c984d0af48a4feba4fbb3921.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. We’ve broken from tradition a little in recent years, but Christmas Eve dinner was usually ham, and Christmas Day dinner was prime rib. My grandma has a “gross” green jello salad recipe I can come back to add later. Tl;Dr it’s lime green jello, dream whip, and velveta cheese with pineapple. Yep. I love the stuff.

2. Mu Nana has these pretty glasses that just have painted Christmas trees on them that are likely from the 60’s or 70’s. They’re simple but beautiful.

3. One year we didn’t help Nana with the pies and she added salt thinking it was sugar… the pies were inedible 😅

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Points awarded! The salt in the pies makes me think of the one time we went down to Gramma and Grampa's for Thanksgiving, and Gramma made an apple pie. The pie was edible, except she forgot to take the paper lining out of the store-bought crust!

• Love 1