12 Days of Christmas - Bonus Finale

TheTwins

~ IT'S BEEN FUN ~

This is the final bonus round in our 12 Days of Christmas Q&A Game. For more info, click here

image.png

Today, we have four questions. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like. You will receive a point added to your account for each of these that you complete, and if you post a picture in answer to #4, you'll receive a bonus point!

1) When do you usually take down your decorations, and who does the work?

2) Do you shop on the day after Christmas to get a head start on next year's gifts?

3) What about all that leftover turkey and ham? Got a recipe to share for using them that doesn't end in "a la king"?

4) Do you have any decorations that you leave up for the rest of winter that aren't specifically Christmas?

1) When do you usually take down your decorations, and who does the work?

This is usually my job. It could be this weekend, but to be honest it could be in February. 

2) Do you shop on the day after Christmas to get a head start on next year's gifts?

Not for gifts, but for decorations and Christmas cards.

3) What about all that leftover turkey and ham? Got a recipe to share for using them that doesn't end in "a la king"?

We use leftovers for making ramen (Japanese noodle soup)

4) Do you have any decorations that you leave up for the rest of winter that aren't specifically Christmas?

We have flame LED lights that we put in the faux fireplace for Christmas. They'll stay for the rest of the winter because it's lovely to turn them on and enjoy the (visually) warm glow

• Like 3

1. A week or two after the new year. My wife Val does the inside decorations and I take care of the outside ones. When we're done we put the storage bins in the workshop.

2. I avoid going anywhere if I can.

3. A few days after the holiday, We have a left over party with friends and family who bring a leftover dish for all to share.

4. No, Val has bins of decorations for each season/holiday. Tea towels and all. Me I would use the same one all year long.

• Like 2

Decorations usually come down in mid to late January, and my 2 girls and I do the work of packing, and my son and husband do the storing of the boxes.

In the days after Christmas I do my best to avoid going anywhere.  Too many new books to read.

Leftover meat gets turned into sandwiches.

I have the WDCC "Merry Messengers" set that stays out all winter on top of the curio cabinet.

PXL_20240106_185007986.jpg

• Like 2

1. Sometime after New Years and we do it together. This year we reorganized all our Christmas boxes to make more sense and have things that go together. 

2. I almost always hit up Hallmark for half priced ornaments! I grab the first few at full price that I can’t live without and gamble on ones I just mostly like. I got really lucky this year and everything I gambled on and wanted was leftover! 

3. After we’re tired of eating the ham mostly as is, we dice it up and make egg fried rice with it to stretch it further and switch it up!

4. Not technically. We have a string of purple lights we hung up for Halloween one year inside our tv sitting room and we just liked them so much we never took those down! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Points awarded . . . I'm just tacking this in, but we have a circa 2000 "Country" Christmas tree (one of those that is about 6 feet tall, but thin and the trunk is bare for about a foot and a half before any greenery starts) that we put up in the living room for Christmas. All the ornaments are bird-themed, and we got faux-popcorn/cranberry garland. After Christmas, we take the Christmas tree topper off and leave the tree up for most of the Winter. Usually around March 1st, I take all the decorations off and put up my St. PAtrick's Day stuff - green shamrock garland, shamrock ornaments, Leprechaun hats, Irish Beanie Bears . . . then it stays up until after St. Patrick's Day. We were in FLA last year, but this year we'll be back just in time, so I think I'm going t do it this year!

• Love 1