Bulk Pin Lots

disneyfanatic01

Please answer a question that I have been curious about. I see a lot of sellers selling the bulk lots of pins on eBay, Amazon and what have you really cheap. What I don't understand is why people think they are going to be getting authentic pins when authentic pins are so expensive. Why would anyone think that someone would sell authentic pins that cheap? I saw a lot of sellers selling pins for less than $1 each. You can't even get the cheapest pins at the parks for that. So why does anyone think they are going to be getting 100 or whatever amount of authentic pins for less than $1 each? Any ideas?

9 hours ago, disneyfanatic01 said:

Please answer a question that I have been curious about. I see a lot of sellers selling the bulk lots of pins on eBay, Amazon and what have you really cheap. What I don't understand is why people think they are going to be getting authentic pins when authentic pins are so expensive. Why would anyone think that someone would sell authentic pins that cheap? I saw a lot of sellers selling pins for less than $1 each. You can't even get the cheapest pins at the parks for that. So why does anyone think they are going to be getting 100 or whatever amount of authentic pins for less than $1 each? Any ideas?

I think they do not know any better. We will be launching a SAFE pin market here on PinPics soon. Only Trusted Sellers will be able to sell in that market.

• Like 2

Yeah, people really don't know any better. When you get started in pin trading, it's not like they give you a book of instructions. It's kind of like being thrown into the super-deep end of a pool . . . or even a black hole. 🙂 And it's been around so long. I know when we started, we thought there were pins available at cheap prices because they were older and pins had been cheaper back in the 2000s. We had to do a lot of reading and researching to really learn what was going on. 

Pins are really like any other collectible. It's on the head of the buyer. Our Mom dealt in antiques for years, and we were raised in that atmosphere. There are fakes and counterfeits in every realm of collecting, and it's always a big learning curve to find out how to make sure you get the real thing. 

This is a great place to ask questions, though, because a lot of members here are really good at identifying scrappers! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1