Disneyland California, here I come!... but where do I go?

crysteel

Hi all! I'm Disneybound in less than 2 weeks! I haven't been in a while, don't get to go often, and now there are new trading rules. I've familiarized myself with the rules and measured my pin bag(s) and recruited friends to come with me and hold said bags as their own while I drag them along on my adventure.... and now I don't know where to go. I would usually load my pins into a locker to enjoy the non crowded morning and then pick them up and head to the benches near Western Ho to trade with the people there. Then hold onto a small bag for boards and any chance pin trades with guests in line for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Is this still the best strategy? When should I start trading to meet the most people? Where are the bench traders setting up now? Is it only chance encounters in line? Is this new designated pin area already set up? is it a nice place to trade? Are there places to sit/tables/shade? Are there any pin boards that I should look for in stores or other locations? I know the trading area closes at 3, but how strict is trading after on boards and with other guests in line? Is it best to just put the pins back in the locker for the remainder of the day?  

I know I have a lot of questions, but I really don't get to trade in person often and I want to make the most of this trip. Thank you for sharing your recent experiences. I hope to see some of you there!

• Like 1

I haven't been since all the changes, but I'm going at the end of February and am very curious to read everyone's advice on the subject!