EPCOT Festivals! Show and Tell!

bellesenchantedrose

For those of us who sadly do not have WDW trips planned or do not live local to WDW, we'd love to see what the EPCOT festivals have to offer! 

Share your food pics, food reviews, entertainment experiences, we want to live through you! 

image.jpeg.1371f5197203169d15939a365249395d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

At the time of this threads creation:

EPCOT International Festival Of The Arts

Is the current Festival!

Share away! 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh, neat! We are planning on being there during this festival. We've got one-day hopper tickets and are planning the first part at World Showcase and the later part of the day at Hollywood Studios for Galaxy's Edge. Will definitely take pictures to post here of anything we see that really looks neat!!

Going to tag @disneynut06melanie, since I know this is a favorite festival of hers, and I think she was going recently or soon! Maybe she can tell us some neat stuff.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Festival of the Arts is my FAVORITE festival at EPCOT!! I love art and have a large collection of art from various artists so it only makes sense to love this time of the year. Opening day is a must if you are looking to purchase original art and I was there to get two. One of the artists in my collection is William Silvers. He has had an amazing career working for Disney, mostly as a background artist but I have always loved his work. Two years ago at Festival of the Arts I fell in love with a Beauty and the Beast piece he created and didn't buy it immediately. Big mistake. He sold out every piece and I vowed to never let them happen again. When he shared some of the pieces he would have for this year's event, there were 3 new Beauty and the Beast pieces so I knew where I was heading when the park opened. Even getting there 15 minutes after his booth opened, one of the paintings I was interested in, had sold. The other two were available but only one was on display. I asked about the other one and it was still wrapped in its original box so his wife unpacked it. For me, I know the instant I see a piece and know I want it. I was not sure which of the two appealed to me so when I saw the display and the just opened one, I knew what my choice would be. It's a scene from Beauty and the Beast I have never seen painted before which also made the decision easier. The piece I didn't purchase has already been done and in my collection so I knew I had to get the piece called, "Say Something". The artist told me he loves painting the Beast with his "mad" face as it evokes so much expression. What is also an added bonus is having the artist do a dedication on the piece. In my case, Mr. Silvers created a Beast on the back of the piece and I videoed it as I had no idea what he was going to do and love how it turned out.  

The other piece I purchased is a work in progress as the artist started it prior to the festival and works on it during the festival. This is just another reason why Festival of the Arts is magical. You get to see your piece coming to life on the canvas while you watch!! The artist is Tom Matousek and he's with Disney Fine Art. I know Tom personally, and consider him a friend. I do have one of his pieces in my collection and it's Belle dancing with Beast in the ballroom. The piece I saw him painting on opening day of the festival is only the second Beauty and the Beast he has painted and I don't have an original so it needed to be part of my collection. He's using a different technique with this piece called mixed media, where he is doing more with textures and strokes rather than his typical geometric style. He also said he envisions more pops of color eventually as it recreates the "Be Our Guest" sequence in the movie. What is great with original art is seeing the brush strokes and layers of paint the artist has so skillfully and intently applied. While I own many originals. I do have other pieces that may be a print, canvas, canvas wrap, lithograph, or even on a napkin!

What makes Festival of the Arts such a great experience is the price points available on art. Prints can be as low as $5 and an original can goes for over $100k. But there is something for everyone - whether it's food, live performances, watching an artist paint, talking to the artists, or just meeting up with friends who have never seen the festival before, it is truly an amazing festival.

Say Something by WIlliam Silvers.jpg

Back of Say Something.jpg

Lumiere work in progress.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Thanks for sharing your new art!  They are both beautiful, and I hope you will share another photo when the wip is done!  I totally know what you mean about originals.  While there is absolutely a place for prints, whether they be lithos or giclees, (or even magnets!) there's an undefinable something special about seeing and/or owning an original.

• Like 1

WOW Love this Melanie!!!!!!!! Tom Matousek is a family friend of Joe's family here in Ohio. This where he is from!!!!!! If you see him tell him Joe Ludwig says Hello from Ohio! Several of Joe's brothers and sisters have some of his pieces......I want one!!!

• Love 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, disneynut06melanie said:

Festival of the Arts is my FAVORITE festival at EPCOT!! I love art and have a large collection of art from various artists so it only makes sense to love this time of the year. Opening day is a must if you are looking to purchase original art and I was there to get two. One of the artists in my collection is William Silvers. He has had an amazing career working for Disney, mostly as a background artist but I have always loved his work. Two years ago at Festival of the Arts I fell in love with a Beauty and the Beast piece he created and didn't buy it immediately. Big mistake. He sold out every piece and I vowed to never let them happen again. When he shared some of the pieces he would have for this year's event, there were 3 new Beauty and the Beast pieces so I knew where I was heading when the park opened. Even getting there 15 minutes after his booth opened, one of the paintings I was interested in, had sold. The other two were available but only one was on display. I asked about the other one and it was still wrapped in its original box so his wife unpacked it. For me, I know the instant I see a piece and know I want it. I was not sure which of the two appealed to me so when I saw the display and the just opened one, I knew what my choice would be. It's a scene from Beauty and the Beast I have never seen painted before which also made the decision easier. The piece I didn't purchase has already been done and in my collection so I knew I had to get the piece called, "Say Something". The artist told me he loves painting the Beast with his "mad" face as it evokes so much expression. What is also an added bonus is having the artist do a dedication on the piece. In my case, Mr. Silvers created a Beast on the back of the piece and I videoed it as I had no idea what he was going to do and love how it turned out.  

The other piece I purchased is a work in progress as the artist started it prior to the festival and works on it during the festival. This is just another reason why Festival of the Arts is magical. You get to see your piece coming to life on the canvas while you watch!! The artist is Tom Matousek and he's with Disney Fine Art. I know Tom personally, and consider him a friend. I do have one of his pieces in my collection and it's Belle dancing with Beast in the ballroom. The piece I saw him painting on opening day of the festival is only the second Beauty and the Beast he has painted and I don't have an original so it needed to be part of my collection. He's using a different technique with this piece called mixed media, where he is doing more with textures and strokes rather than his typical geometric style. He also said he envisions more pops of color eventually as it recreates the "Be Our Guest" sequence in the movie. What is great with original art is seeing the brush strokes and layers of paint the artist has so skillfully and intently applied. While I own many originals. I do have other pieces that may be a print, canvas, canvas wrap, lithograph, or even on a napkin!

What makes Festival of the Arts such a great experience is the price points available on art. Prints can be as low as $5 and an original can goes for over $100k. But there is something for everyone - whether it's food, live performances, watching an artist paint, talking to the artists, or just meeting up with friends who have never seen the festival before, it is truly an amazing festival.

Say Something by WIlliam Silvers.jpg

Back of Say Something.jpg

Lumiere work in progress.jpg

Wow, Melanie!! I loved reading this. SO, SO cool! I think the piece with Beast and Lumiere is fabulous . . . though I'd almost want to display that Beast from the back. I guess you're going to have to stand this in the center of a room with both sides visible. There's just no other good option. 😉 That's a great scene in the film, too. 

Now, that Lumiere painting . . . that's a real gem! I think the fact that he's painting it during the Festival and then you get it when finished makes it the neatest thing!!!! SO COOL! I really hope you'll post a picture of it finished for us all to admire. Have you gotten to go back and admire it again?

On 1/26/2024 at 9:40 AM, mollyanne said:

WOW Love this Melanie!!!!!!!! Tom Matousek is a family friend of Joe's family here in Ohio. This where he is from!!!!!! If you see him tell him Joe Ludwig says Hello from Ohio! Several of Joe's brothers and sisters have some of his pieces......I want one!!!

I know he's from there but didn't know you knew him as well. He's gone from the festival already but he's such a great guy and fabulous artist. He's so invested in his work and what the collectors love about his work. Next time I see him I will have to tell him about our connection!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:21 PM, TheTwins said:

Wow, Melanie!! I loved reading this. SO, SO cool! I think the piece with Beast and Lumiere is fabulous . . . though I'd almost want to display that Beast from the back. I guess you're going to have to stand this in the center of a room with both sides visible. There's just no other good option. 😉 That's a great scene in the film, too. 

Now, that Lumiere painting . . . that's a real gem! I think the fact that he's painting it during the Festival and then you get it when finished makes it the neatest thing!!!! SO COOL! I really hope you'll post a picture of it finished for us all to admire. Have you gotten to go back and admire it again?

I stopped by to see the artist again on Sunday that did Beast and got a big hug from him and his wife. I was also able to introduce friends visiting from Canada to the Festival as they had never been before. They wanted me to be their tour guide and I loved being able to take them "behind the scenes".

Lumiere was going to be finished when he returned home. Once a piece sells, he wanted to work on something fresh so it also had the opportunity to find a new home. I can't wait to get him. He will also send me updates on the progress and I'll share the finished work when he arrives.  What is also great - most of the time the originals get turned into prints are limited editions so while I have the original, others may get the chance to own a "copy" of him. 

• Love 3

• 1 month later...

Anybody going to Flower & Garden this year?

Edited by sithathoriunet
  • Love 1

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the festival, @buzz2001, when it's convenient.  I saw online that there are some new topiaries this year!

I love Epcot during the festival. The colors of the flowers are second to none. And all the topiaries…

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, sithathoriunet said:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the festival, @buzz2001, when it's convenient.  I saw online that there are some new topiaries this year!

When we were there on the 20th of last month, they were already putting topiaries up. I think the whole section at the opening to World Showcase is going to be new. They had Encanto characters, Asha from Wish . . . and someone else, I think. 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I went twice this year during the garden festival.  It was lovely.  I have photos of a few topiaries but we are in them.  I don’t know that anyone would be interested in that.  I may have the lion king one though.

IMG_2997.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_3005.jpeg

Edited by Hart
  • Love 2