Incentive program

jjanchan
Go to solution Solved by TheTwins,

Is there an incentive program in the work for adding content to the site (similar to the pins at cost on the old site)?  It can be a lot of work to add pins, I myself have at least 100 pins not in the database that I haven't added yet given the labour intensive nature.

It would be nice to even institute a point system until some rewards can be worked out.  I thought it worthwhile to mention as the other pin database sites out there offer incentives (contests, etc.) and are growing fast as a result.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi! Tagging @mollyanne so she can answer you, but I can say that we do have a point program started, Right now, the points are counted, but we haven't got the full loyalty program in place. However, you will earn points for adding pins to the database (points will be awarded for each of five sections of the pin submission that are done with full information/quality of the pic, etc.) as well as for any suggested image replacement that is approved, and for additional information suggested via the COMMENT tab on a pin listing. There are also ways to earn points by participating in the forum community, too. Right now, we are working on this, but the points are being counted! 🙂 Soon, we'll have it where you can swap points you've earned for certain rewards, too. That's just in the works right now!

Outside of the points, we also have different digital badges that you can "earn" for different actions and things throughout the community and site! Here is where yours appear on your profile:

https://forum.pinpics.com/profile/25200-jjanchan/badges/

Hope this explains a bit! So, the answer is yes . . . it is just in the works so not quite totally visible yet! But, if you submit pins, we are counting points, which will become visible when the system is fully programmed.

• Like 3

Hi @jjanchan! Yes we have been collecting points since the middle of November. Points are being added for adding pins. There is a possibility of receiving 5 points if all of the areas in the add a pin section are done correctly. Also users are receiving points for comments that are helpful and used as well as suggesting new images if used. Also for entering SKUs that might be missing. We will be announcing what you can receive with your points soon. Going to be a lot of fun!

• Like 4

Very excited to hear this!  I'll be adding pins in earnest based on this info.  Thanks a bunch for the responses!

• Like 1