What to do, what to do

12ontheway
Go to solution Solved by 12ontheway,

The Tiana pin is number 88599 and has no description in PinPics so I don't know if it's real or not.

The Mickey pin I can't find an exact match.  Pin 105752 comes close.  Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_7058.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

IMG_7059.JPG

IMG_7062.JPG

PP48465     Mickey - Golfing - Canine Caddy - Through the Years Starter

Edit: I guess I was in database search mode -- I replied before I even saw that you already had the PinPics number! Sorry about that. I think the authentic Tiana has a darker skin tone and a more muted green colour for the bottle, but I definitely defer to Ken and other Hidden Mickey experts.

PP88599     WDW - 2012 Hidden Mickey Series - Perfume Bottle Collection - Tiana

Edited by kpop

I just sent Ken a message to alert him to this thread. Hopefully, he'll be able to answer. 🙂

~ Sarah

• Like 1

For pin 88599:
Yes Tiana has a darker skin tone, the bottle has more green color, the background is NOT white but more a slight yellow hue. The big issuse is on the back, the Pin Trading Logo is not correct. The word Authentic is too far away from the border, the date 2012 is off to one side and the mickey ears are too small. Another issue with fakes of this pin (but not this one) when it was first faked the crown only had four (4) leafs. I saw a lot of that.
I believe this pin is a fake based on the picture and details I described above.

For pin 48465 Mickey - Golfing - Canine Caddy - Through the Years Starter:

This is your pin.
This pin has been re-released several times so it can have different years on the back.
I believe this pin is real.

I hope this helps.

Ken

• Like 5

• Solution
On 1/16/2024 at 4:14 PM, Dragon57 said:

For pin 88599:
Yes Tiana has a darker skin tone, the bottle has more green color, the background is NOT white but more a slight yellow hue. The big issuse is on the back, the Pin Trading Logo is not correct. The word Authentic is too far away from the border, the date 2012 is off to one side and the mickey ears are too small. Another issue with fakes of this pin (but not this one) when it was first faked the crown only had four (4) leafs. I saw a lot of that.
I believe this pin is a fake based on the picture and details I described above.

For pin 48465 Mickey - Golfing - Canine Caddy - Through the Years Starter:

This is your pin.
This pin has been re-released several times so it can have different years on the back.
I believe this pin is real.

I hope this helps.

Ken

Thank You Ken.  WOW you know how to identify fakes.  I'm so impressed.

• Like 1