Interest Check: 5-pin Round Robin Canadian Edition

kpop

Putting out an interest check to see if there are enough Canadians interested in a Canadian edition of the 5-pin Round Robin currently underway in this thread: https://forum.pinpics.com/topic/289-5-pin-round-robin-closed/

On 1/14/2024 at 11:53 AM, TheTwins said:

So, someone starts a package (which is typically a bubblewrap envelope with five pins packed inside) and mails it to the next on the randomized list . . . that person trades for however many they want (trades are a 1-for-1 swap and are OE, HM, mystery, Loungefly, etc.) and then mail the package to the next person. At the end, the package is sent back to the original person who gets the pins that have been swapped into the package. So, sort of like a chance to do a lanyard trade for up to five pins. 🙂 Package should usually cost under $5 to mail.

Sis and I would sure be interested in doing it!

It sounds like a lot of fun to have a small trading board come right to your doorstep! Of course, there are a couple of things that are different with doing this in Canada—shipping cost, shipping cost, shipping cost.

If there is interest, how would people like to do this? Many of us are comfortable trading pins economically using letter-mail, but that does not provide tracking or insurance. Tracked shipping within Canada can be costly, but it could avoid disputes or worries if the trading package does not arrive at its next destination.

So, if you're interested in participating in this, please reply to this thread with answers to the following questions:

1. What kinds of pins should be included? What kinds of pins should not be included?
  2. Would you prefer the package be sent as a parcel with tracking, or as lettermail without tracking?
  3. Are there any ideas, modifications or rules that you would like to see in a round-robin trading game like this?

If there's enough people interested, I'd be happy to coordinate the Canadian edition 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I’d be interested. I joined the 5 pin round robin. 

1.  A mix of pins would be good. Open edition, LR, LE.
2. probably with insurance. Either way not cheap in canada

3. None that I can think of. 

• Love 1

1. I agree, a mix would be fun but want to make sure the pins are just as good for the last person in the round as the first
2. If we do flat rate boxes, we could send "mini boards" and maybe that's how we can get good mix, like one OE/Loungefly/HM mini board and one LE/LR board -- that might make the extra postage cost worth it 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to join!

A mix of types of pins is great, but prob not limited edition.

I'm happy with oversize lettermail in a bubble maiier.