member ranking

powerstitch
Go to solution Solved by TheTwins,

I saw today that I earned a new badge.   Which I was not aware we could do this.    Is there a list of badges that can be achieved?   Also, then noticed the member ranking system.    Curious to know how that works as well.   I looked around for info but came up empty.   I apologize if it is here somewhere and I just missed it.   Thanks in advance for the help.

Steven

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi,Steven! good for you for looking around! However, there isn't anything to find, as we are actively working on setting up the Loyalty Rewards Program. There are a lot of different badges that can be earned by participation across the site. Also, there are points that you can earn by adding pins, sending information about pins in the database, replacing images of pins, certain actions or milestones in forum participation, etc. (And pin submissions that are approved, any comments on pins where the information is used, any submitted image that is used, etc.). We are working at getting the points to show on your Profile page, so hoping to have that appear one of these days! 🙂 Soon there will be special PinPics rewards that you can exchange your points for and other fun things!

I am working on the profile badges, and haven't figured out exactly how we'll list them, but there are a lot that can be earned! 🙂 If you go on your profile page, you'll see some of them displayed, and you can click them:

image.png

When you click them, it shows you all of your badges, as well as the date you earned them (although some of the dates won't exactly match, since the badges are newer than most of the member's join dates, for example. But, regardless of the date you "earned" it, you still get the one year badge if you've had an account more than a year!):

image.png

So, hope this helps! Not exactly a full-blown answer, but it will be coming! 🙂

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth-

Thanks for the response!   I appreciate the info.   I looking forward to the finished product.   Thanks in advance for all of the work that you and others are putting into this site.   I think that I speak for a multitude of people when I say that pin trading wouldn't be the same without Pinpics.   I know that I would likely have given up if they wasn't a way to have all of my pins organized.   Not to mention the joy of belonging to a community of like minded people, who love to spend a fortune on tiny pieces of painted metal. LOL    Feel free to reach out to me if I can test anything for you.   I am not a huge computer geek, but if you need guinea pig then I am happy to help in any way possible.

Steven

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@powerstitch Thanks for the offer! I'll keep it in mind, definitely! We've been really working on this, and are very excited about it! Thanks for the kind words, too! It is a lot of work, and I know that my Sis and I would not know what to do with the hobby if it wasn't for PinPics and that is also why we are so happy to be able to help out and try and make this area of the community flourish a little! Chatting with like-minded people (we won't say "nerds" or anything like that . . . -grin-) is so fun and really brightens the enjoyment of the little bits of pointy metal that are so fun!

• Like 2
  • Love 1