Hello. My Name is Sue, and I'm a Pin Collecting Addict

sakaiser

Hello, Everyone!  I'm Sue from Ohio and -- as you can tell by the title of my introduction -- I have issues.  Disney issues.  I love pins and books and parks and music and movies and art and stage shows and ... well, the list could go on.  My addiction can sometimes be at odds with my bank account.  When that happens, I reign myself in by shutting down my computer, putting my phone on the charger in another room, and move into a quiet corner where I can look at and appreciate the pieces of my collection.

My pin addiction started with my first trip to WDW in 1990.  Yes.  I know.  The pin craze at Disney really didn't start until the late 90's; but you know what?  There were pins at WDW in 1990, just not a lot of them.  My first pin (which still holds a place of honor in one of my shadow boxes) is a tiny three dimensional Mickey Mouse.  I thought it only fitting that, since "it all started with a mouse," Mickey should be my first purchase.  Once Disney put their talent and resources to pins, I was hooked!

My pin collection is like a good beef stew -- it has a little bit of everything in it.  Woody from Toy Story holds a special place in my heart.  My addiction compels me to seek out new pins regularly.  Hence the issues with my bank account.  Most of my pins have been purchased outright.  I have not been involved in trading; but, more than likely you can see me at a Disney park or the Dayton Disneyana convention giving my old friends...er...pins...to the up-and-coming pin collectors (usually under the age of 10) because I love to see the look of wonder and joy on their faces that mirror my own when I find a spectacular pin.  I truly believe that pin collectors have a special spark that should be passed to the little ones, and I'm happiest when doing just that.

I sure look forward to learning more about pin trading and getting to know everyone in this community.  For now, I'll continue to get all of my pins identified within the database to ensure that I'm not purchasing the same pin multiple times.  I must admit that doing searches in the database and seeing all the special pins that I've missed has made me think that trading is definitely in my future.

Here's to tomorrow!

Sue

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Welcome to the Fold! There are many of us in your position and then there are those of us that are Lucky enough to  be near a Disney park and wish we had an unlimited budget so we could help out all those not so lucky. Good luck with documenting you collection and think about how you will keep track of where you store your traders so you can find them when someone offers to trade for one or several.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi, Sue!  It's great to have you here!  You mentioned a shadow box, is that how you display all of your pins?

• Like 1

Sue, welcome to the PinSanity. Lots of great people here with tons of knowledge and eager to trade.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sithathoriunet said:

Hi, Sue!  It's great to have you here!  You mentioned a shadow box, is that how you display all of your pins?

Hi!  I only have my "Walt" pins in a shadow box  -- with my treasured Mickey pin in the middle.  Unfortunately, I don't have the wall space to display them all, so I put them into protected notebook sheets and store them on my bookshelves.  And on those days/weeks/months that I'm "budget challenged," I pull a random notebook off the bookshelf and visit my old friends and the wonderful memories that come along with buying one of those spectacular pins!  😉

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...