Storage!!

raevynn

Hey Pin Pals!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has more pins than I can display at any one time... so I've been working on my storage.   I started this process a couple of years ago and I have tweaked it some as I've gone... but check these out.   They are actually photo storage boxes,  but they work GREAT for pins.  I'm proud of the work I've done... so I totally want to show off to folks who will get it.. but I also want to show folks who are trying to figure out a storage solution.

Each individual container holds 2 layers of pins on foam sheets with a foam sheet in between to keep them in good condition.

How do you store your pins that aren't on display?

storage01.jpg

storage02.jpg

storage03.jpg

storage04.jpg

storage05.jpg

storage06.jpg

storage07.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Oh my. You are extremely organized, I love it. Mine are scattered throughout the house and workshop in plastic totes. Have some in shadow boxes and pin boards, however, until I get the office done don't have any place to hang them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

WOW girl! Nice! So you know I have Drawers of Wonder AND Bins LOL for those not on display. We need a bigger house so I can have a room that is only Pins on the walls. 

2 hours ago, mollyanne said:

WOW girl! Nice! So you know I have Drawers of Wonder AND Bins LOL for those not on display. We need a bigger house so I can have a room that is only Pins on the walls. 

We have a bulkhead in our basement that I lined with corkboards and have pins on that... but yeah, I could definitely use a bigger house where I could have a pin and lego room.  I would have the walls fully covered in cork and then the centre of the room full of shelving units to display our lego.  For that I  just need a winning lottery ticket. LOL.

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, raevynn said:

We have a bulkhead in our basement that I lined with corkboards and have pins on that... but yeah, I could definitely use a bigger house where I could have a pin and lego room.  I would have the walls fully covered in cork and then the centre of the room full of shelving units to display our lego.  For that I  just need a winning lottery ticket. LOL.

Love it, wife and I have Lego fire stations, architecture and Star Wars to display. Just can't put them up in the house because the cats love to play with the Legos too.

• Like 3

Wow you are organized! That’s a great idea. Most of my pins are in shadow boxes and frames but I too have run out of space. I now am using pin books but even storing them they take up a lot of space:) You have come to the best Pin collecting, trading and information all about your pins. Welcome to PinPics!

Wow - These are a fantastic idea.  I have some of those boxes sitting unused.  I may just pull them out.  My pins are currently in small totes due to remodel.  The totes are marked Aristocats, Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio, Mickey.  The rest are mixed in together but am in process of separating them as well.  Then I can get a good idea of what I want to trade and/or sell.

Keep it up!  Awesome job.  

Its very wise, sometimes the conditions of pins getting bad without protection.

I have four main ways to store my pins:

1. ordinary pins without backcards. (I use bags, cups, lanyards, and the PVC boxes like yours)
image.thumb.png.1d0a4738d042a0e164a779e8e9cbda37.pngimage.thumb.png.dc952d9a12edd61e760ad57cd6aa3615.png

image.thumb.png.184211f9afadbb71851528e1123bfcf9.png
2. Pins with backcards. (I use large store boxes: 20~30L)

image.thumb.png.5a8cfaf807ba8a02789d15d7f7dfd1ba.png

image.thumb.png.87db9b1403b4b56eb575b24811f13ced.png

3. Completed Set. (I use so called floating frames, its quite common in Shanghai pin pal community, it can perfectly shows and protects pins)

image.thumb.png.e2278d32c68f54e9408bbd9ba3532136.png

image.thumb.png.7de5430f409f94136a9ef2fc9b9b3f6e.png

4. Trades (I use ordinary pin books or PVC box + thick foam)

Everyone has, so I dont show any photos here!

Edited by Evansun
  • Like 4
  • Love 1