Issues with adding pins

jjanchan

There are a number of pins I submitted that aren't being added to the database.  One in particular (an Industrial Light and Magic Harry Potter pin) has been submitted by me 3-4 times and there is no sign of it in the database.  I'm not sure why some of these pins aren't being added?

Hoping to hear back!

15 hours ago, jjanchan said:

There are a number of pins I submitted that aren't being added to the database.  One in particular (an Industrial Light and Magic Harry Potter pin) has been submitted by me 3-4 times and there is no sign of it in the database.  I'm not sure why some of these pins aren't being added?

Hoping to hear back!

Hi Jeffrey - so we are not submitting Harry Potter pins at this time. This database is for Disney pins. Some of your submissions are good and some of them need assistance. I will look to see which ones need help from an editor or admin. I sent you back the one I submitted and fixed to show you how to do this in the future. When done correctly they are approved very quickly.

30 minutes ago, pinsgaruma said:

The same here. Feels very strange, we are not used to that anymore. 

Hi Elianthe! What pins of yours were not approved. You do such an amazing job!

15 hours ago, jjanchan said:

Hoping to hear back!

Ok your ILM Thor pin has been approved. Do not submit something 3 - 4 times. It is not that we are not seeing it - it is that there is something we need to fix. You are doing much better Jeffrey.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, mollyanne said:

Hi Elianthe! What pins of yours were not approved. You do such an amazing job!

Hi Molly, some Japanese pins, sorry, did not want to push, there were the holidays and such, and contrary to what we are used since you took over, not that much was added, also because of the holidays I thought, and there might be an issue with the pins too. Myself I'm not adding because my pins are still in France, did not get there yet. Came here to see if I missed some info and I know you are working to make the site better every day. 

Hi Elianthe! I am pretty sure all of those Japan pins got entered. I remember seeing them in the Manage pins.....and then in the database. We appreciate you

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! You know how much we do! You have been a huge blessing to us and we appreciate all of the pins you add.

Yes

12 hours ago, mollyanne said:

Hi Jeffrey - so we are not submitting Harry Potter pins at this time. This database is for Disney pins. Some of your submissions are good and some of them need assistance. I will look to see which ones need help from an editor or admin. I sent you back the one I submitted and fixed to show you how to do this in the future. When done correctly they are approved very quickly.

Yes, these in particular are not "Harry Potter pins" per se, but rather staff pins from Industrial Light and Magic, a subsidiary of Lucasfilm.  I can see similar pins that have been submitted for James Bond (124255), Star Trek (120394, 120393), Transformers (120210), The Island (119942) and Jurassic World (117782).

Edited by jjanchan

18 hours ago, mollyanne said:

Hi Elianthe! I am pretty sure all of those Japan pins got entered. I remember seeing them in the Manage pins.....and then in the database. We appreciate you

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! You know how much we do! You have been a huge blessing to us and we appreciate all of the pins you add.

No they are not, I mailed the same day, January 1st, they never showed, nor did I receive a reply, but because of the holidays I was sue they would come, now I'm not sure anymore. But not redoing before you tell me to do

@jjanchan some of the pictures you are taking are good and some are not. The Avengers pin was a great picture. I need you to strive to have all your pin submissions have photos like that…..nothing dark and with shadows. Thank you Jeffrey!

On 2/2/2024 at 12:00 PM, mollyanne said:

@jjanchan some of the pictures you are taking are good and some are not. The Avengers pin was a great picture. I need you to strive to have all your pin submissions have photos like that…..nothing dark and with shadows. Thank you Jeffrey!

Will do my best, Molly!  Sometimes I find it challenging to avoid shadows based on the lighting available, I find sometimes there's a short window in terms of time of day when the pictures turn out the best.

Sorry for the multiple submissions of some pins in the past.  I didn't know if they were actually registering or not, and in cases where there was something wrong I see any feedback about them one way or another so I didn't know (unless somehow I'm looking in the wrong place, please let me know if there is some place on the website I should be looking!)

I'm wondering what your thoughts were on the ILM pins, as some of them are already listed and pertain to non-Disney movies, but at the same time they were produced for a Disney subsidiary...

Edited by jjanchan
  • Like 1

Hi! So we can send you some foam to use as the background when taking pictures. We need good lighting though. So we are not adding non Disney at this time. Look at the title changes I made to your other listings and do the titles like that. I appreciate your help just need the submissions to follow the guidelines. The app will release soon and we need this standard on all of the images and  pin submissions.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to improve the transparency of "Add Pin" submissions?  It would be nice if we could see the status of pins we have submitted and if they are not approved or are pending, the reasons why they haven't been.  There are pins I think I might have submitted before, but I have no way of knowing...sometimes it leads to multiple submissions.  In other cases I know I have submitted a pin but there is no sign of it in the database and I don't understand what's wrong.  Usually it's fairly easy things to fix, but a system that allows us to track our submissions would be hugely helpful to improve the whole process.  I have been getting somewhat discouraged when only some of my submissions are being approved and others aren't.  When I invest the time to make a submission I want to know it's a worthwhile endeavour.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jjanchan said:

Is there a way to improve the transparency of "Add Pin" submissions?  It would be nice if we could see the status of pins we have submitted and if they are not approved or are pending, the reasons why they haven't been.  There are pins I think I might have submitted before, but I have no way of knowing...sometimes it leads to multiple submissions.  In other cases I know I have submitted a pin but there is no sign of it in the database and I don't understand what's wrong.  Usually it's fairly easy things to fix, but a system that allows us to track our submissions would be hugely helpful to improve the whole process.  I have been getting somewhat discouraged when only some of my submissions are being approved and others aren't.  When I invest the time to make a submission I want to know it's a worthwhile endeavour.

Hi Jeffrey - We will email you if we need further information from you or a new picture for your submissions. I would keep a list of what you have sent in for your own records. There are many submissions where people have not followed the Add a Pin Guidelines. As long as you are following the guidelines - your pins will be submitted. If you leave off something - we will let you know what we need. Make sure you follow the guidelines for: 1. The Title 2. the picture 3. the descriptions BOTH Front and Back - these are the top reasons pins are not submitted. Then it takes work on our part to fix them and reach out to you. We appreciate everyone wanting to help!!!! There are only really 3-4 people approving pins and sometimes less if someone is on vacation etc. I hope this answers your questions - if you follow the guidelines it is a worthwhile endeavor! You are receiving PinPics Perks loyalty points for correct pin submissions as well. We have been accumulating these points since the middle of Nov.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 9:59 AM, mollyanne said:

Hi Jeffrey - We will email you if we need further information from you or a new picture for your submissions. I would keep a list of what you have sent in for your own records. There are many submissions where people have not followed the Add a Pin Guidelines. As long as you are following the guidelines - your pins will be submitted. If you leave off something - we will let you know what we need. Make sure you follow the guidelines for: 1. The Title 2. the picture 3. the descriptions BOTH Front and Back - these are the top reasons pins are not submitted. Then it takes work on our part to fix them and reach out to you. We appreciate everyone wanting to help!!!! There are only really 3-4 people approving pins and sometimes less if someone is on vacation etc. I hope this answers your questions - if you follow the guidelines it is a worthwhile endeavor! You are receiving PinPics Perks loyalty points for correct pin submissions as well. We have been accumulating these points since the middle of Nov.

As an example, I recently submitted a 20 year service pin for approval.  It has not shown up in the database (although other pins I submitted that day have shown up), and no one has reached out to identify whether there was something that needed to be fixed with the submission.  It's a little frustrating when I have no idea what's happened with a submission and it just doesn't show up.

1 hour ago, jjanchan said:

As an example, I recently submitted a 20 year service pin for approval.  It has not shown up in the database (although other pins I submitted that day have shown up), and no one has reached out to identify whether there was something that needed to be fixed with the submission.  It's a little frustrating when I have no idea what's happened with a submission and it just doesn't show up.

Jeffrey - always email me at molly@pinpics.com. I will look and see what the issue is. No excuses, but we have been a little slammed around here since launching the Beta test for the APP. I will get back to you, but in the future email me for a quicker response.

• Like 1

Thanks Molly, appreciate the info.  I can understand that launching the app would be a big undertaking!

• Like 1