Is this Roger Rabbit Disney 100 Decades Pin a fake/scrapper?

GoddessOfStuff
Go to solution Solved by momin.ator,

I bought this pin as part of a lot of 10 Disney 100 Decades pins off of Ebay because it was in what appeared to be its original packaging. However, when they arrived, and I inspected them I found that the backs of the cards did not have a Disney Store logo on them. On ANY of the 10 pins. I combed Ebay and discovered that there are 34 active listings and 11 sold listings archived for the last year in TeraPeak just for This Roger Rabbit pin. And it's supposed to be a Limited Release of 3000. I haven't investigated any of the others, but I suspect that I will find the same situation for all of those too. I'm VERY VERY new to pin collecting, but I'm also a born investigator and I want my pins to be authentic. I'm pretty sure that I know what the answer is, but I just wanted to ask the experts before I leave a negative review for the seller and request a refund through Ebay.

Thanks!

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

• Solution

As far as the card goes, that is the normal back for most Disney store cards. All the different locations are usually listed.  Most fakes don't have the upc code on the packaging. Limited release are not as sought after as limited edition.  Also, it looks like the pin has a free-d element which is often not faked.

• Like 2

I did a Google image search of just the bar code (not sure why I didn’t think of that sooner!) and it took me directly to ShopDisney.com. So apparently pins bought online don’t have the Disney Store logo on them, which was what made me initially suspicious.

Thanks!

• Like 2