New & would love help

Catlady85

Hi! I am extremely new to pin trading and I find it exciting and addicting and extremely fun! I am in fb trading groups, created a dashboard on this site and watch whatnot auctions almost every night. I am still learning and there is SO much more to pin trading than I ever thought! I have narrowed down what I want to collect and while I generally don’t have an issue with googling a pin and seeing how much people are selling it for to feel like I’m paying on par with what the rest of people are paying I am having a hard time finding info on some harder to find pins and would love some guidance on how to learn more where to go who to talk to. I realize the characters I’ve chosen to collect can get pricey and I am ok with that but needing help on knowing if I am getting a fair deal or not. Open to making new friends and learning everything I can! 

• Like 3

Welcome! One tool is using eBay sold auctions to get a price.  There will be the highs and the low but you can get your avg price for value.  Also WorthPoint but that has aa cost associated with membership.

Welcome!  You're right, there is so much to learn!  In a few years, I'm sure you'll be an expert.  I'm the meantime, please feel free to ask questions, there are a lot of knowledgeable traders and collectors here.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! It can get a bit overwhelming but there are lots of friendly people on here who would love to help with any questions you have. But most importantly, have fun! 🙂 

Welcome!!! Thank you so much for using PinPics! You have found a great place with a lot of amazing people!

Welcome!

Although a little overwhelming starting out, this group of people are extremely helpful! I suggest attending the zoom meetings on Thursday nights, great information on pins, questions will always be answered by someone in the group and you can learn about trading within pinpics and trusted sellers! Molly & Joe have transformed this site into not only being informative but a fun and engaging way to be a community of friends! 

Edited by pattim
  • Like 2