Several AP pins - needing help authenticating

amyamy61311
Go to solution Solved by buzz2001,

There are several pins on Ebay I'm interested in but how can I tell if they are authentic?

This one is AP but seller said it's hard to take a picture of the AP and I can't see where it is. Also, is there any information on this seller as there are other AP pins I'm interested in.

Disney Pin 00220 HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL PEP AP production Sample Artist Proof LE 24 | eBay

This one ends in 2 hours and no picture of the back:

Disney Pin Lot 110th Legacy Collection A Bugs Life LE 250 2011 Flik Heimlich HTF | eBay

This one I'm very interested in and can clearly see AP:

Disney Pin Lot JDS Japan Disney Mall Reuben Stitch Experiment Artist Proof AP | eBay

I'm not familiar with the seller. Any pin I have ever seen that was a AP or PP the stamped or laser etched is clearly seen. All the pictures are not real clear however the last one you listed you can see the AP. I have not seen a fake AP but that doesn't mean someone can't do it.

While this isn't my area, we've just been handling and photographing a box full of APs, and a lot are very clear, but some are so tiny or imperfectly stamped that they are hard to see. One set we only noticed when we were actually taking the pictures!

I don't know either of those sellers.  It seems to me that if they're asking those kind of prices, they should go to the effort to post lots of clear photos to leave no doubt as to their authenticity.

• Like 3

So what I will say is that seller is selling a non ap version of that first pin for much cheaper, and the picture quality on the regular version is interesting. I'd say if they can't get you a clear photo or proof that it's an AP or somehow explain how it is different from the regular version I don't really know how the price they are selling it at could be justified. A $135 difference when you can't tell the difference between the two versions is a little steep in my opinion especially considering the final pin is an open edition pin. BUT to each their own! Others may think differently. 

• Like 1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Capt hook is Matt Corso who is a trusted seller on Pinpics. Definitely can be trusted. He is also on whatnot. 

Edited by buzz2001

20 hours ago, amyamy61311 said:

There are several pins on Ebay I'm interested in but how can I tell if they are authentic?

This one is AP but seller said it's hard to take a picture of the AP and I can't see where it is. Also, is there any information on this seller as there are other AP pins I'm interested in.

Disney Pin 00220 HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL PEP AP production Sample Artist Proof LE 24 | eBay

This one ends in 2 hours and no picture of the back:

Disney Pin Lot 110th Legacy Collection A Bugs Life LE 250 2011 Flik Heimlich HTF | eBay

This one I'm very interested in and can clearly see AP:

Disney Pin Lot JDS Japan Disney Mall Reuben Stitch Experiment Artist Proof AP | eBay

Two of these might be Matt Corso @capthookfan as the seller as he lives in Massachusetts. I tagged him here.....

Thank you all. I happened to be watching him on WN and confirmed that's Matt's eBay account. Is there a way to figure out trusted sellers eBay account names and whatnot names?

Still unsure about first seller

2 hours ago, amyamy61311 said:

Thank you all. I happened to be watching him on WN and confirmed that's Matt's eBay account. Is there a way to figure out trusted sellers eBay account names and whatnot names?

Definitely something we're working on. Just waiting on the trusted sellers to get back on the request for all that info. :minnie:

• Like 1