Hello from Pearland Texas!

Daisy_mae_duck

Hello, my name is Melissa and I have a lot of pins that I noticed were not listed on the site that I have bought over the years. I was hoping i could add them to the site and was wondering how long it takes for pins to be posted after uploading them.  I can't believe I just discovered this site and it is fabulous! I love  having a place where we can catalog and trade pins!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Daisy_mae_duck said:

Hello, my name is Melissa and I have a lot of pins that I noticed were not listed on the site that I have bought over the years. I was hoping i could add them to the site and was wondering how long it takes for pins to be posted after uploading them.  I can't believe I just discovered this site and it is fabulous! I love  having a place where we can catalog and trade pins!

Hi! Welcome to PinPics! We're so glad you found the site. There are lots of great pin traders and collectors here.

We always appreciate it when people want to add pins to the site. Generally, pins are approved within about 24 hours after submission (we're volunteers, so timing can vary a bit). Just make sure to check out the "Add a Pin" guide, as well as the guidelines for photos. I'll include the links here. As long as the pin submissions fit within these basic guidelines, approval should be pretty timely. :minnie:

If you have any questions at all or need help, feel free to send us a message through your Inbox here, and we'll be glad to help you figure it all out.

Thanks so much for joining and wanting to add pins!

~ Sarah and Elizabeth

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daisy_mae_duck said:

Melissa,

I am currently on the road and do not type well on my phone. Please email Molly@pinpics.com and she will be able to send you the specifics for submitting pictures. They are currently updating the picture to a standard format so they can be search by photo recognition on the soon to be released PinPics App.

Welcome to the forum. Some of the older pins have different discriptions. Before taking individual pictures to submit, take a few group pictures to see if someone on the forum can find them first. Another option is to use key words and select the Include Description check box. I find it better to use a PC to do the search.

18 hours ago, Daisy_mae_duck said:

Hi Melissa! Welcome to PinPics. The best thing to do before submitting any more pins is to go to the Help Section that @TheTwins mention above. This will tell you what we need. I also believe I sent you an email. We need descriptions that are more than a few words, we need you to describe the Front and the Back of the pin just as if you were describing it to someone not looking at the pin. PinPics Perk Points are awarded based on doing the specifics in the Add a Pin feature....but not if they are not done correctly. Welcome to PinPics - so glad you are here and wanting to help! Molly

The print is  so small on the back of  some pins I cannot read it. Also, some pins do not have info on the back such as the loungefly pins.  Before I added pins I searched several different descriptions using the include search. 

48 minutes ago, Daisy_mae_duck said:

The print is  so small on the back of  some pins I cannot read it. Also, some pins do not have info on the back such as the loungefly pins.  Before I added pins I searched several different descriptions using the include search. 

Hi! I'm working through the submissions now, actually. As an example, here is a pin you submitted:

image.png

You typed "None" in the back description box.  Just to clarify, there is no pin that has "none" for a back description. As laid out in the pin guide, key things to mention (aside form logos and copyrights) are the colour of the back, the finish/waffle pattern, how many pin posts there are (and if there are nubs or a barb), and any type/writing/stamps there might be on the back.

For this pin - here is a picture of the back of it:

image.png

Looking at that pin should have given you this back description:

Gold sandblasted pebble finish. Single pin post with two nubs. ©DISNEY.

Here is another example of one that you submitted:

image.png

Here is a picture of the back of this pin:

image.png

You should get a back description that is like this:

Gunmetal with Crown waffle pattern on top half and sandblasted pebble finish on the bottom half. Single pin post with two nubs. Disney logo. ©Disney. MADE IN CHINA. FAC.

Hope this helps clarify some of the back description questions! 🙂  If you need help identifying finishes or nubs or logos, etc., take a look at this illustrated reference page:

https://forum.pinpics.com/guides/database/how-to-describe-the-back-of-a-pin-and-the-terms-to-use-r6/?do=getNewComment&d=3&id=6

Elizabeth

@Daisy_mae_duck - Thank you so much for the fabulous back pictures you sent me! Very appreciated! I've actually added them to the listings, too. Really appreciate you taking some of these jumbos out of the boxes to photograph them! So nice!