Five-Pin Package: "Super Mario"

TheTwins

Hi, All! Now that "Twinspired" is done, and the Rescue package has been received as well . . .  @buzz2001 and @TheTwins are starting this new five-pin exchange!

Sign-ups are limited to eight participants in USA only. We will mail a bubblewrap envelope with five pins packed inside to the first randomly chosen participant. That member trades for however many they want (trades are a 1-for-1 swap and are OE, HM, mystery, Loungefly, etc.) and then mails the package to the next person. At the end, the package is sent to @buzz2001 with the pins that have been swapped into the package. So, sort of like a chance to do a lanyard trade for up to five pins. 🙂 Package should usually cost under $5 to mail.

Five Pin Exchange – (OE, Loungefly, Hidden Mickey/Disney, Mystery box/bag pins)

Basics:

- After the randomizer is run, send your mailing address to the person listed above your name.

- As the name suggests - Five pins arrive in the package and should leave in the package (OE, HM, mystery, Loungefly, etc.).

- No scrappers, please. If you can't tell or the pin is more often scrapped, please don't include it.

- You may select none or up to all five pins - replace the number selected with your traders and send on to the next in line.

- Each person must post a photo of the pins they kept in this thread (but not what they are sending on in the package). Part of the fun with these exchanges is seeing what everyone selects.

- ZAPs may be included, limited to the next person in line (to keep shipping reasonable for everyone).

The person who receives the package from you should be as excited to open it as you were… so please trade with that in mind.

@katalina

@momin.ator

@Dragon57

@firechief18

@Hart

@jchinj

@stashio833

@sithathoriunet

@Jacks Girl

@pattim

SENDING ORDER:

@stashio833

@katalina

@Jacks Girl

@momin.ator

@firechief18

@Dragon57

@sithathoriunet

@jchinj

@Hart

@pattim

@buzz2001

• Like 1

Sign-ups list has been updated! Room for three more to play . . . :jackjack:

6 minutes ago, jchinj said:

im new to this but am game!! sign me up!  dumb question. what are zaps?

A Zap is when you send a pin from their want list just because. Add a little card to let them know it is a ZAP. I take it you have not received one yet.

In the case of the 5-pin exchange, it would be a pin that exceeds the restrictions. Something like a Limited Release (LR) or Limited edition (LE) pin.

A Random Act of Kindnesses (RAK) is when you give someone a pin in person, just because.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jchinj said:

im new to this but am game!! sign me up!  dumb question. what are zaps?

I've added you to the list! Not a dumb question . . . I didn't know when I first saw it, either. 🙂 A "Zap" is mainly just a gift to someone you are mailing to. It can be a pin or any thing that is not included in a trade.

• Like 1

RAK is one I hadn’t heard of.  You know when you go to Disney how they give you buttons for all kinds of things?  Birthday, anniversary, first visit, expecting a baby etc. etc?  On my 2nd trip in March I got one for finding the worlds smallest hidden Mickey and then later that day a pin board guy gave me one that said something to the manner of “ for excessive kindness, going above and beyond to help a fellow pin trader reach their goals” …he had to track me down to give it to me but I’m assuming the whole point was that a teen girl and her mother came round while I was trading with him and she looked crestfallen.  She was looking for tsumis, of the 5 on the board she had them all…I had a tigger tsumi and gave it to her…sooo….when I did that..I did a RAK? Or Gave her a RAK?  Also I thought a ZAP could be any pin esp if you don’t know their faves or don’t have one of their faves?

19 minutes ago, TheTwins said:

A "Zap" is mainly just a gift to someone you are mailing to. It can be a pin or any thing that is not included in a trade.

Ah!  Ok that answers the question!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hart said:

RAK is one I hadn’t heard of.  You know when you go to Disney how they give you buttons for all kinds of things?  Birthday, anniversary, first visit, expecting a baby etc. etc?  On my 2nd trip in March I got one for finding the worlds smallest hidden Mickey and then later that day a pin board guy gave me one that said something to the manner of “ for excessive kindness, going above and beyond to help a fellow pin trader reach their goals” …he had to track me down to give it to me but I’m assuming the whole point was that a teen girl and her mother came round while I was trading with him and she looked crestfallen.  She was looking for tsumis, of the 5 on the board she had them all…I had a tigger tsumi and gave it to her…sooo….when I did that..I did a RAK? Or Gave her a RAK?  Also I thought a ZAP could be any pin esp if you don’t know their faves or don’t have one of their faves?

Ah!  Ok that answers the question!

Yes, in person is a RAK, by mail a Zap

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stashio833 said:

I would like to join, please. 

You're in! 

Room for one more to join the fun . . . 

3 hours ago, sithathoriunet said:

Oo, Oo, pick me, pick me!

You're in! And that makes it full. Will run the randomizer and post the mailing order soon!

• Like 3

OK, you both are added! I'm going to post the sending list while I eat breakfast, so stay tuned! 🙂

• Love 1

OK, the SENDING ORDER is posted at the top, right under the sign-up list! So, we will get the package mailed off to @stashio833 on Tuesday (Monday being a mail holiday)!

Everyone - Make sure to send your mailing address to the person above you on the list! 🙂

• Like 2

I received the pins in the mail today from @TheTwins I just got home from work, so will post pictures tomorrow. I'll be sending out @katalina's pins on Tuesday. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here are the pins I've decided to keep. I'm so excited to have received them. I've wanted this Ursula chaser forever, but have never been able to find an authentic. Yay! Thank you, @TheTwins

20240601_163945.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So glad you found some you wanted! I was hoping you were looking for those! 🙂

• Like 2

I'm going to the post office this afternoon. Will be out by end of day. 

• Like 1