Disney Cosplay - I promise it's fun

kraek

Hi! So this thread is about my favorite hobby in the whole world -- cosplay (that's costume play, basically dressing up for adults). I know it seems strange to a lot of people, but it is so fun to create and become a character. I am a cosplayer and have been cosplaying and performing as Disney princesses for a looong time...a decade now, and I make almost all my own costumes and wigs and stuff. 

ANYWAY, are any of you cosplayers too? Show me your cosplays and social handles if you have one! I love following other Disney cosplayers and seeing their takes and creativity.

My most recent Disney project was a group with a bunch of other cosplayers and we made Disney princesses with our own interpretations of story-themed armor, but I've made probably literally dozens of ballgowns throughout the years. 

I could talk forever about this stuff, so hopefully if you're not a cosplayer but have questions, you can join in and I will talk your (Mickey) ears off ❤️ 

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Very cool!  I haven't cosplayed since before covid, but I used to do Wendy and Alice.  I'll see if I can find some photos!

FB_IMG_1717794485814.jpg

FB_IMG_1717794616665.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@kraek and @sithathoriunet

love the photos you guys posted!! What fabulous costumes!!

We don't actually cosplay, but Sis and I have been getting some 3D printed pieces (originally designed for cosplay) made in a scaled-down version for our American Girl dolls! This image shows three lightsabre hilts from a 3D printed and one keychain version from Disney. Some of our dolls are getting these. We're working on making some Mandalorian costumes (Mando, Armorer and Sabine Wren) for some of the dolls, too! Elizabeth is painting everything.

@kraek I hope you post some photos of your other costumes! You look fabulous as Merida in armor. :merida:

~ Sarah

P1010027.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, TheTwins said:

@kraek and @sithathoriunet

love the photos you guys posted!! What fabulous costumes!!

We don't actually cosplay, but Sis and I have been getting some 3D printed pieces (originally designed for cosplay) made in a scaled-down version for our American Girl dolls! This image shows three lightsabre hilts from a 3D printed and one keychain version from Disney. Some of our dolls are getting these. We're working on making some Mandalorian costumes (Mando, Armorer and Sabine Wren) for some of the dolls, too! Elizabeth is painting everything.

@kraek I hope you post some photos of your other costumes! You look fabulous as Merida in armor. :merida:

~ Sarah

P1010027.JPG

Oh my gosh for American Girl dolls! That's the cutest idea I've ever heard! And wow a huge collab that both Disney and American Girl are missing out on. 

I made a little dress for a Barbie once to match my Snow White cosplay since she is my fave girl ❤️

Doll clothes are shockingly harder than you'd expect.

4B8D3205-AA1B-439B-A964-E997AFCDE8CF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@kraek That is an absolutely beautiful dress -- both yours and the doll dress. Wow! Lovely!

You're right . . . I always think that Mattel is crazy for not both Disney and Star Wars-themed items for American Girl dolls. It'd be so cute!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, TheTwins said:

@kraek That is an absolutely beautiful dress -- both yours and the doll dress. Wow! Lovely!

You're right . . . I always think that Mattel is crazy for not both Disney and Star Wars-themed items for American Girl dolls. It'd be so cute!!

Thank you so much! I adore making my princess dresses...can't make a pair of pants to save my life though!

23 hours ago, kraek said:

Thank you so much! I adore making my princess dresses...can't make a pair of pants to save my life though!

Oh, that's funny! Good thing the Princesses pretty much always have beautiful skirts on! If you have pictures of your other costumes, I'd LOVE to see them!!

~ Sarah