Share Your Pin Mail Thread - 2024

TheTwins

Have you gotten any fun pin mail lately? If so, please share pics and stories here to let others in on the fun! 

This can include pin trades, zaps or purchases . . . anything that makes checking the mail exciting. 🙂

We'll keep this thread pinned for a year and then start a new one, but since there are only a couple weeks left to this year, start posting now and continue through 2024!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sis and I have been really blessed in the last week by a number of surprise packages showing up in our mailbox from Pin Friends that we've met on the Thursday Night ZOOM meetings. So, to get this thread started, we're going to begin posting pictures (taking more later today, so we'll be adding . . .).

Last week, a box showed up from @cousinbruce. We practiced patience and decided to wait to open it until our Christmas tree was up and decorated. Well, we finally got that done and have been able to start slicing open some fun things!!

This box was just full of fun surprises --

P1010008.thumb.JPG.f3953885621225760e5eea287db34d03.JPG

There were Christmas Pez sets, tasty natural snacks (some of our favorite types!) and matching pins of Marie the kitten. Sis and I were really tickled at the "twin" pins (particularly being cat pins, since Bruce knows how much we love kitties here). They even came in these nifty ornament boxes, so they're currently hanging on our Christmas tree, front and center!!

P1010010.thumb.JPG.0078339ca85a4d006ac9cf7357efef99.JPG

P1010009.thumb.JPG.519787ff989b1731a78ea1eac268abcd.JPG

And, to top it off -- the coolest pair of hats from New Year's Eve 2000 at Disney World! We've actually been wearing these, and they're really fun! What was even more fun is the fact that the last time we were in a Disney Park was April 2001, right after these hats were released. Cool!

A big "thank you" to Bruce for surprising us with such a fun package. This really brightened our day. 🙂

P1010011.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 3

What a fabulous and sweet surprise package! 💖

I got some lovely pin mail today. While not really a surprise package, it was a sweet surprise to spot these Sleeping on the Moon Series 1 pins in stock when I went to order some pin bags for a friend 🤩

Sue from Kraken Up North packaged these up so quick for me and they even arrived before Christmas! Now to decide... do I open them now or put them in my stocking for Christmas morning? Hmmm....

I also got this lovely "Mermaid Teal" pin bag to help me organize my traders ☺️

IMG_3655.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@kpop Fabulous pin mail! How exciting, and that's going to be so hard to wait . . . even if it is only a couple of days. Hope you'll post what you got in the boxes once you've opened them all up!

And this thread doesn't have to be just surprise packages. Any pin mail counts . . . successful trades, purchases, ZAPs (surprises) and any other pin-related fun that arrives in the mail.

• Love 1

On 12/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, TheTwins said:

@kpop Fabulous pin mail! How exciting, and that's going to be so hard to wait . . . even if it is only a couple of days. Hope you'll post what you got in the boxes once you've opened them all up!

And this thread doesn't have to be just surprise packages. Any pin mail counts . . . successful trades, purchases, ZAPs (surprises) and any other pin-related fun that arrives in the mail.

Here's what I got! These pins are so big and pretty for mystery box pins 😍

Not bad, but missing the kitties... ISO! 😅

IMG_3683.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 12/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, kpop said:

Here's what I got! These pins are so big and pretty for mystery box pins 😍

Not bad, but missing the kitties... ISO! 😅

IMG_3683.jpeg

Love the Thumper and Bambi! So cute!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

USPS just delivered a package of 6 Tokyo pins!  The blue Mickey banner is for my own collection, but the rest are traders.

PXL_20240106_183005002.jpg

• Like 4

I finished the AIW HM chess set!  It started with just one pin, the Mad Hatter, gifted to me by a high school friend.  As I learned more about pins I discovered that that first pin was a scrapper, but I still wanted the set, and I was able to replace it with a genuine pin.  It took me a year and a half to aquire the full set, with the final pins arriving today!

PXL_20240108_190601120.jpg

Edited by sithathoriunet
  • Like 3

The top pig in the mud is from Pirates of the Caribbean and the other pig is Waddles from Gravity Falls! I named one of my guinea pigs after Waddles hehe!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, buzz2001 said:

Slow day. Going to make a frame with the sheet of stamps and the four Walt stamp pins. 

IMG_6931.jpeg

That's a great idea! Love it!!