What do you do with your pins?

swim2sea

I’ve often wondered what others do with their pins.  I have learned to professionally frame pins that either tell a story or are pins I won’t part with. The pictures are numerous so I’ll just show a few. 

First are are the pins from the Disneyland that were the dream series I think. I’ve these a long time and this was my first framing attempt and I’ll probably redo this. 

IMG_5272.jpeg
I then discovered how to do mats. In this frame I wrote the little articles that have all the kids and grandkids names in them. They have it hung in the playroom.  
IMG_3524.jpeg

The next one are the pins I felt best told the story of Meet the Robinsons.  

IMG_3723.jpeg

Then we have a fan that my Mother got when we were stationed in Japan in the early 50’s.  I framed it with the WDI fan pins and the Japan Fan set.  
IMG_5271.jpeg

The last ones are the Small World pins with the song on the cards. All the pins are artist signed.

IMG_5273.jpeg

Then I have what I call Walt’s Quotes.  It’s got the beautiful litho and pin in the center.  Last is the White Glove Remember When.

IMG_5269.jpeg

IMG_5268.jpeg

So what do you do with your pins?

Edited by swim2sea
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

These are beautiful!  I have some of my mystery pin sets in frames (though not behind glass) but Hidden Mickey sets are in a vintage pin bag, Chip & Dale are on a cork board with Figment, and the rest are in binders.  Though my husband suggested the other day that I get more frames to display the ones that are in binders.  I was worried about them taking over the walls, but I guess he doesn't mind, so I'll have to get shopping, haha!

• Like 1

So many great pictures.   I LOVE the one with the news stories!  The fans are awesome too.   It's always great when you can personalize the pins in some way like you have.   Here are some of mine:

image.jpeg.842fd7f3da3b346e45b03f15df4d4f6c.jpeg

The above frame is everything my wife and I did on our honeymoon in 2002.

image.jpeg.691570783b4da204bc5a8727db8723bb.jpeg

In 2012 we took my mother-in-law and 3 kids to WDW.   They posed with hands raised and I later put pins in and drew lines with a marker to make it look like balloons.

image.jpeg.7b13ea07d641edfeaa99a1a330d13e37.jpeg

In 2011 my wife paid a friend of ours, Dom Pereyo,  in pins to do this amazing watercolor painting for some of my LE 100 Stitch pins.   This is by far my favorite pin display!!  

• Like 3
  • Love 4

On 2/15/2024 at 8:13 PM, swim2sea said:

I’ve often wondered what others do with their pins.  I have learned to professionally frame pins that either tell a story or are pins I won’t part with. The pictures are numerous so I’ll just show a few. 

First are are the pins from the Disneyland that were the dream series I think. I’ve these a long time and this was my first framing attempt and I’ll probably redo this. 

IMG_5272.jpeg
I then discovered how to do mats. In this frame I wrote the little articles that have all the kids and grandkids names in them. They have it hung in the playroom.  
IMG_3524.jpeg

The next one are the pins I felt best told the story of Meet the Robinsons.  

IMG_3723.jpeg

Then we have a fan that my Mother got when we were stationed in Japan in the early 50’s.  I framed it with the WDI fan pins and the Japan Fan set.  
IMG_5271.jpeg

The last ones are the Small World pins with the song on the cards. All the pins are artist signed.

IMG_5273.jpeg

Then I have what I call Walt’s Quotes.  It’s got the beautiful litho and pin in the center.  Last is the White Glove Remember When.

IMG_5269.jpeg

IMG_5268.jpeg

So what do you do with your pins?

I love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s good to see what others do with their pins.  I’ve seen so many great pictures. Thank you everyone and great job.  I’ll be posting about 20 more pictures once I finish papering and wiring the back of the frames.  

On 2/16/2024 at 4:46 PM, sithathoriunet said:

These are beautiful!  I have some of my mystery pin sets in frames (though not behind glass) but Hidden Mickey sets are in a vintage pin bag, Chip & Dale are on a cork board with Figment, and the rest are in binders.  Though my husband suggested the other day that I get more frames to display the ones that are in binders.  I was worried about them taking over the walls, but I guess he doesn't mind, so I'll have to get shopping, haha!

I don’t use glass ever!  It can break and scratch the pins. I use 1/4” plexiglass.  

• Love 1

13 hours ago, swim2sea said:

I don’t use glass ever!  It can break and scratch the pins. I use 1/4” plexiglass.  

Glad to hear it!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know how I missed this thread, but the framed pins are fabulous!

@swim2sea I LOVE the set with the news articles and how you used your grandchildren's names. That is so creative!

@powerstitch Those LE100 Stitch pins on a real painting are a great display. What a wonderful idea.

We have all of our pins on boards. Some of them are plain, but for the actual "collections" Elizabeth has painted the boards in designs to match the theme. I need to take some new photos to post. 🙂

• Love 2